Chad E Bigelow
Affiliation: Physical Sciences
- Line-scanning laser ophthalmoscopeDaniel X Hammer
Physical Sciences Incorporated, 20 New England Business Center, Andover, Massachusetts 01810, USA
J Biomed Opt 11:041126. 2006....
- Confocal fluorescence polarization microscopy in turbid media: effects of scattering-induced depolarizationChad E Bigelow
Institute of Optics, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 23:2932-43. 2006..From this detailed analysis and comparison of experiment with simulation, we determine that fluorescence polarization is maintained to depths at which meaningful intensity images can be acquired...
- Fluorescence anisotropy imaging reveals localization of meso-tetrahydroxyphenyl chlorin in the nuclear envelopeThomas H Foster
Department of Imaging Sciences, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Photochem Photobiol 81:1544-7. 2005..12. The change from a positive intrinsic anisotropy in homogeneous solution to a negative value in cells suggests an environmentally induced change in the relative orientations of the absorption and emission dipole moments...
- Foveal fine structure in retinopathy of prematurity: an adaptive optics Fourier domain optical coherence tomography studyDaniel X Hammer
Physical Sciences Inc, 20 New England Business Center, Andover, MA 01810, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2061-70. 2008..To describe the fine structure of the fovea in subjects with a history of mild retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) using adaptive optics-Fourier domain optical coherence tomography (AO-FDOCT)...
- Light scattering from intact cells reports oxidative-stress-induced mitochondrial swellingJeremy D Wilson
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Biophys J 88:2929-38. 2005..Thus, in this system, angularly resolved light scattering reports oxidative-stress-induced changes in mitochondrial morphology...
- Imaging enzyme activity with polarization-sensitive confocal fluorescence microscopyChad E Bigelow
The Institute of Optics, University of Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Microsc 215:24-33. 2004..These results suggest wide applicability of the technique in biological systems when used in conjunction with appropriately designed constructs...
- Susceptibility of Candida species to photodynamic effects of photofrinJoseph M Bliss
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 672, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:2000-6. 2004..The results indicate that photodynamic therapy may be a useful adjunct or alternative to current anti-Candida therapeutic modalities, particularly for superficial infections on surfaces amenable to illumination...
- Preferential attachment of peritoneal tumor metastases to omental immune aggregates and possible role of a unique vascular microenvironment in metastatic survival and growthScott A Gerber
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 169:1739-52. 2006..These sites provide metastatic cells with a microenvironment highly conducive to survival and subsequent growth...
- Confocal fluorescence spectroscopy and anisotropy imaging systemChad E Bigelow
University of Rochester, Department of Radiology and the Institute of Optics, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 648, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Opt Lett 28:695-7. 2003..The quality of the axial sectioning that is achieved in the confocal fluorescence spectroscopy mode is demonstrated experimentally, and examples of polarization-sensitive fluorescence imaging are demonstrated in tumor cell monolayers...
- Compact multimodal adaptive-optics spectral-domain optical coherence tomography instrument for retinal imagingChad E Bigelow
Physical Sciences Inc, Andover, MA 01810, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 24:1327-36. 2007..In human volunteer testing, we observed up to an 8 dB increase in OCT signal and a corresponding lateral resolution of <10 microm as a result of AO correction...