M Wade Shrader
Affiliation: Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Pulmonary embolism following an ankle fracture in a 9-year-old boy: a case reportM Wade Shrader
Division of Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Center for Paediatric Orthopaedics, Phoenix Children s Hospital Phoenix, Arizona 85016, USA
Acta Orthop Belg 78:564-7. 2012..While insufficient to warrant deep venous thrombosis prophylaxis in all children, this case report suggests that a venous thromboembolic event can occur even in uncomplicated fractures in children...
- Total hip arthroplasty and hip resurfacing arthroplasty in the very young patientM Wade Shrader
Division of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Phoenix Children s Hospital, Phoenix, AZ 85016, USA
Orthop Clin North Am 43:359-67. 2012..Further study will likely shed more light on whether HRA truly has more improved functional results than THA, and studies with longer follow-up that show definitive revision rates also should affect the future of HRA...
- Suspected nonaccidental trauma and femoral shaft fractures in childrenM Wade Shrader
Division of Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery, Phoenix Children s Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Orthopedics 34:360. 2011..The presence of either Medicaid or no insurance was a highly statistically significant risk factor for suspected nonaccidental trauma...
- Diagnosis and initial management of musculoskeletal coccidioidomycosis in childrenAaron K Ho
Phoenix Children s Hospital, Phoenix, AZ
J Pediatr Orthop 34:571-7. 2014..The purpose of this study is to report our experience with musculoskeletal coccidioidomycosis in children...
- Missed fractures in paediatric trauma patientsLee S Segal
Center for Pediatric Orthopedics, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix Children s Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona 85016, USA
Acta Orthop Belg 79:608-15. 2013..A timely review of this problem is appropriate to continually improve the quality of care delivered to paediatric trauma patients...
- Periosteal entrapment in distal femoral physeal fractures: harbinger for premature physeal arrest ?Lee S Segal
Center for Pediatric Orthopaedics, Phoenix Children s Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona 85016, USA
Acta Orthop Belg 77:684-90. 2011..We hypothesize that the presence of entrapped periosteum following distal femoral physeal fractures may be associated with an increased risk for premature physeal arrest...