P David Adelson
Affiliation: Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Comparison of hypothermia and normothermia after severe traumatic brain injury in children (Cool Kids): a phase 3, randomised controlled trialP David Adelson
Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children s Hospital, Phoenix, AZ 85016, USA
Lancet Neurol 12:546-53. 2013..On the basis of mixed results from previous trials, we assessed whether therapeutic hypothermia for 48-72 h with slow rewarming improved mortality in children after brain injury...
- Morris water maze function and histologic characterization of two age-at-injury experimental models of controlled cortical impact in the immature ratP David Adelson
Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children s Hospital, 1919 East Thomas Road, Building B, 4th Floor, Phoenix, AZ 85016, USA
Childs Nerv Syst 29:43-53. 2013..Controlled cortical impact (CCI) is commonly used in adult animals to study focal traumatic brain injury (TBI). Our study aims to further study injury mechanisms in children and variable models of pathology in the developing brain...
- Hypothermia following pediatric traumatic brain injuryP David Adelson
Children s Neuroscience Institute, Phoenix Children s Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona 85016, USA
J Neurotrauma 26:429-36. 2009..It is expected that hypothermia initiated early after severe TBI will have a protective effect on the pediatric brain and can be done safely, but this still remains to be definitively tested...
- Cerebrovascular response in children following severe traumatic brain injuryP David Adelson
Phoenix Children s Neuroscience Institute and Pediatric Neurosurgery, AZ 85016, USA
Childs Nerv Syst 27:1465-76. 2011..To describe the pathophysiologic response in cerebral blood flow (CBF) and autoregulation after severe traumatic brain injury (TBI), Glasgow Coma Score (GCS) ≤8 on admission, in children, defining a baseline for future studies...
- Therapeutic hypothermia decreases phenytoin elimination in children with traumatic brain injuryPhilip E Empey
1Department of Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Center for Clinical Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 2Division of Clinical Pharmacology, School of Medicine and Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN 3Department of Critical Care Medicine, School of Medicine, and The Safar Center for Resuscitation Research, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 4Department of Neurological Surgery, School of Medicine, and The Safar Center for Resuscitation Research, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 5Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Center for Clinical Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 6Division of Neurosurgery Children s Neuroscience, Department of Child Health, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix Children s Hospital, Phoenix, AZ
Crit Care Med 41:2379-87. 2013..The objective of this study was to evaluate the impact of therapeutic hypothermia on phenytoin levels and pharmacokinetics in children with severe traumatic brain injury...
- Using anesthetics and analgesics in experimental traumatic brain injuryRachel K Rowe
Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children s Hospital, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Lab Anim (NY) 42:286-91. 2013..They suggest that drugs should be selected for or excluded from experimental TBI protocols on the basis of IACUC-approved experimental objectives in order to protect animal welfare and preserve the validity of TBI models. ..
- Posttraumatic seizures in children with severe traumatic brain injuryJorge I Arango
Department of Neurosurgery and Neuroscience Research, Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children s Hospital, Ambulatory Building B, 1919 East Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85016, USA
Childs Nerv Syst 28:1925-9. 2012..The proper management of children sustaining severe TBI is still controversial. Our study aims to share our experience contributing to build evidence for better care...
- Efficacy of Hypothermia in Pediatric TBIP David Adelson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Parallel clinical specific aims will define the effect of neurotransmitter release in response to treatment with HYPO and the age-related impact of HYPO on early and delayed cell death in children. ..