Affiliation: Pfizer Global Research and Development
- Quantitative assessment of the gastrointestinal and cardiovascular risk-benefit of celecoxib compared to individual NSAIDs at the population levelCristina Varas-Lorenzo
Global Epidemiology, Safety and Risk Management, Pfizer Worldwide Development, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:366-76. 2007....
- Use of oral corticosteroids and the risk of acute myocardial infarctionCristina Varas-Lorenzo
Pfizer Worldwide Development, Global Epidemiology, Sant Cugat del Vallès, Barcelona, Spain
Atherosclerosis 192:376-83. 2007..A few epidemiological studies suggested an increased coronary heart disease (CHD) risk with high doses of oral corticosteroids...
- The use of selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors and the risk of acute myocardial infarction in Saskatchewan, CanadaCristina Varas-Lorenzo
Pfizer, Global Epidemiology, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 18:1016-25. 2009....
- Individual NSAIDs and upper gastrointestinal complications: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies (the SOS project)Jordi Castellsague
RTI Health Solutions, Barcelona, Spain
Drug Saf 35:1127-46. 2012....
- Positive predictive value of ICD-9 codes 410 and 411 in the identification of cases of acute coronary syndromes in the Saskatchewan Hospital automated databaseCristina Varas-Lorenzo
RTI Health Solutions, Epidemiology, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 17:842-52. 2008..Case definitions are essential to epidemiological research...
- Stroke risk and NSAIDs: a systematic review of observational studiesCristina Varas-Lorenzo
RTI Health Solutions, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 20:1225-36. 2011..To perform a quantitative systematic review of observational studies on the risk of stroke associated with the use of individual NSAIDs...
- Prevalence of glucose metabolism abnormalities and cardiovascular co-morbidity in the US elderly adult populationCristina Varas-Lorenzo
Novartis Farmaceutica S.A, Global Epidemiology, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:317-26. 2006..CONCLUSION: A notable proportion of elderly people is affected by some degree of glucose metabolism impairment which in turn is associated with cardiovascular co-morbidity...
- Non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs and the risk of acute myocardial infarctionSonia Hernandez-Diaz
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 98:266-74. 2006..There was a suggestion of a small increased risk with ibuprofen. Also, data suggest a small reduced risk for naproxen present only in non-users of aspirin, mainly people free of clinically apparent vascular disease...
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and risk of ARF in the general populationConsuelo Huerta
Centro Español de Investigación Farmacoepidemiológica, Spanish Centre for Pharmacoepidemiologic Research, Madrid, Spain
Am J Kidney Dis 45:531-9. 2005..Despite these studies, little is known about the effect of dose and duration of therapy, risk of individual NSAIDs, comorbidity, or concomitant use of other nephrotoxic drugs...
- Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and the risk of myocardial infarction in the general populationLuis A Garcia Rodriguez
Centro Español de Investigación Farmacoepidemiológica, Madrid, Spain
Circulation 109:3000-6. 2004..Some reports suggest that concurrent aspirin and ibuprofen might be associated with lower cardioprotection than aspirin alone because of a pharmacodynamic interaction...
- Validation of ICD-9 codes with a high positive predictive value for incident strokes resulting in hospitalization using Medicaid health dataChristianne L Roumie
Veterans Administration, Tennessee Valley Healthcare System, Tennessee Valley Geriatric Research Education Clinical Center GRECC, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 17:20-6. 2008..To validate ICD 9 codes with a high positive predictive value (PPV) for incident strokes. The study population consisted of Tennessee Medicaid enrollees aged from 50 to 84 years...