P L Toogood
Affiliation: Pfizer Global Research and Development
- Inhibition of protein-protein association by small molecules: approaches and progressPeter L Toogood
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Pfizer Global Research and Development, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Med Chem 45:1543-58. 2002
- Discovery of a potent and selective inhibitor of cyclin-dependent kinase 4/6Peter L Toogood
Medicinal Chemistry, Cancer Pharmacology, and Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics and Metabolism, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Michigan Laboratories, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Med Chem 48:2388-406. 2005..On the basis of its selectivity profile and pharmacokinetic profile, compound 43 (PD 0332991) was identified as a drug candidate for the treatment of cancer...
- A novel therapeutic combination using PD 0332991 and bortezomib: study in the 5T33MM myeloma modelEline Menu
Vrije Universiteit Brussels, Laarbeeklaan 103, Brussels, Belgium
Cancer Res 68:5519-23. 2008....
- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors for treating cancerP L Toogood
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor Laboratories, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Med Res Rev 21:487-98. 2001..a matched Rb(-) cell line and to produce a distinct G(1) block consistent with cyclin D/Cdk4 inhibition in cells...
- Progress toward the development of agents to modulate the cell cyclePeter L Toogood
Pfizer Global Research and Development 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Curr Opin Chem Biol 6:472-8. 2002..Flavopiridol and UCN-01 are continuing in clinical trials, and newer more selective Cdk inhibitors are now entering clinical evaluation...
- Specific inhibition of cyclin-dependent kinase 4/6 by PD 0332991 and associated antitumor activity in human tumor xenograftsDavid W Fry
Cancer Pharmacology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 3:1427-38. 2004..The results indicate that inhibition of Cdk4/6 alone is sufficient to cause tumor regression and a net reduction in tumor burden in some tumors...
- Pyrido[2,3-d]pyrimidin-7-ones as specific inhibitors of cyclin-dependent kinase 4Scott N VanderWel
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, and Cancer Pharmacology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Michigan Laboratories, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Med Chem 48:2371-87. 2005..The most selective Cdk4 inhibitors were evaluated for antitumor activity against MDA-MB-435 human breast carcinoma xenografts in mice...
- The kinome is not enoughPeter L Toogood
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Michigan Laboratories, Ann Arbor, 48105, USA
Chem Biol 12:1057-8. 2005..Caligiuri and coworkers describe how yeast three-hybrid screening identified kinases that might mediate an intriguing tumor cell-specific antiproliferative effect...
- 2-Aminoquinazoline inhibitors of cyclin-dependent kinasesYadagiri Bathini
NAEJA Pharmaceutical Inc, 2, 4290-91A Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T65VE
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:3881-5. 2005..Compounds that inhibit Cdk4 selectively are targeted for treating cancer. Appropriate substitution of 2-aminoquinazolines is demonstrated to produce high levels of selectivity for Cdk4 versus closely related serine-threonine kinases...
- A novel orally active small molecule potently induces G1 arrest in primary myeloma cells and prevents tumor growth by specific inhibition of cyclin-dependent kinase 4/6Linda B Baughn
Department of Pathology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer Res 66:7661-7. 2006..PD 0332991, therefore, represents the first promising and specific inhibitor for therapeutic targeting of Cdk4/6 in multiple myeloma and possibly other B-cell cancers...