Andrew J Thorpe
Affiliation: Pfizer Global Research and Development
- The alpha2-delta protein: an auxiliary subunit of voltage-dependent calcium channels as a recognized drug targetAndrew J Thorpe
Pfizer Inc, US Medical Affairs, New York, NY 10017, USA
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 11:761-70. 2010..Finally, new insights into the mechanism of drugs that bind to this protein are discussed...
- Evaluation of phenoxybenzamine in the CFA model of pain following gene expression studies and connectivity mappingMeiping Chang
Indications Discovery Research Unit, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Chesterfield, MO 63017, USA
Mol Pain 6:56. 2010..The aim of this study was to identify genes altered in this model of osteoarthritic pain and use this information to infer analgesic potential of compounds based on their own gene expression profiles using the Connectivity Map approach...
- Possible sites of therapeutic action in restless legs syndrome: focus on dopamine and α2δ ligandsAndrew J Thorpe
Pfizer Inc, 235 East 42nd Street, New York, N Y 10017, USA
Eur Neurol 66:18-29. 2011..The known and possible therapeutic benefits of these agents and their relationship to dopaminergic dysfunction in RLS are discussed in this review...
- Novel cyclopropyl beta-amino acid analogues of pregabalin and gabapentin that target the alpha2-delta proteinJacob B Schwarz
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Michigan Laboratories, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Med Chem 48:3026-35. 2005..However, pregabalin 1 was active in the DBA/2 model after oral (and icv) dosing, supporting a hypothesis that active transport is a prerequisite for such zwitterionic species to cross the blood-brain barrier...
- Carboxylate bioisosteres of pregabalinJacob B Schwarz
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Michigan Laboratories, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, 48105, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 16:3559-63. 2006..Two select compounds with potent affinity for alpha(2)-delta, 8a and 16a, were subsequently tested in vivo in an audiogenic seizure model and found to elicit protective effects...