- Vaccine review: "Staphyloccocus aureus vaccines: problems and prospects"Kathrin U Jansen
Pfizer Inc, 401 N Middletown Road, Pearl River, NY 10965, USA
Vaccine 31:2723-30. 2013..This review summarizes the potential underlying reasons why these two approaches may have failed, and proposes avenues that may provide successful vaccine approaches to prevent S. aureus disease in the future...
- The path to developing a cervical cancer vaccineKathrin U Jansen
Vaccine Research and Early Development, Pfizer Inc, USA
Hum Vaccin 6:777-9. 2010..Working and interacting with many dedicated and brilliant scientists and taking apprenticeships to become a better and more versatile scientist have been rewarding experiences and more than once luck has come into play...
- A recombinant clumping factor A-containing vaccine induces functional antibodies to Staphylococcus aureus that are not observed after natural exposureJulio Hawkins
Pfizer Vaccine Research, Pearl River, New York, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 19:1641-50. 2012..These functional antibodies were also able to displace S. aureus already bound to Fg, suggesting that the ligand-binding activity of ClfA can be effectively neutralized through vaccination...
- Role of Factor H Binding Protein in Neisseria meningitidis Virulence and Its Potential as a Vaccine Candidate To Broadly Protect against Meningococcal DiseaseLisa K McNeil
Address correspondence to Annaliesa S Anderson
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 77:234-52. 2013..This report reviews our current knowledge of fHBP. In particular, we discuss the recent advances in our understanding of fHBP, its importance to N. meningitidis, and its potential role as a vaccine for preventing MnB disease...
- Staphylococcus aureus manganese transport protein C is a highly conserved cell surface protein that elicits protective immunity against S. aureus and Staphylococcus epidermidisAnnaliesa S Anderson
Pfizer Vaccine Research, Pearl River, NY, USA
J Infect Dis 205:1688-96. 2012..This is the first description of a protein that has the potential to provide protection across the staphylococcal species group...