Affiliation: Pfizer Global Research and Development
- Psychometric evaluation of a visual analog scale for the assessment of anxietyValerie S L Williams
RTI Health Solutions, 3040 Cornwallis Road, Research Triangle Park, NC 27707, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 8:57. 2010..Measuring early onset, however, requires a sensitive and clinically responsive tool. This study evaluates the psychometric properties of a patient-reported Global Anxiety-Visual Analog Scale (GA-VAS)...
- Evaluation of the subjective and reinforcing effects of diphenhydramine, levetiracetam, and valproic acidDouglas E Feltner
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Groton, CT 06340, USA
J Psychopharmacol 25:763-73. 2011..For the doses studied, the rank order of statistically significant findings suggestive of abuse potential was diazepam (9/10 measures significant) > levetiracetam (6/10) > diphenhydramine (5/10) > valproic acid (2/10)...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, fixed-dose, multicenter study of pregabalin in patients with generalized anxiety disorderDouglas E Feltner
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor Laboratories, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:240-9. 2003..This study supports the hypothesis that pregabalin is effective and safe in short-term therapy for GAD. More studies are needed to determine the best dosing regimen to optimize efficacy and tolerability...
- Development of a patient-reported assessment to identify placebo responders in a generalized anxiety disorder trialDouglas Feltner
Pfizer Global Research and Development, MS 6025 B2234, New London, CT 06320, USA
J Psychiatr Res 43:1224-30. 2009..Excluding these 56 patients from the analysis resulted in a greater separation of active treatment from placebo. The PRSS is a promising tool for predicting placebo response in clinical trials and requires further use and validation...
- Clinical evaluation of the Daily Assessment of Symptoms-Anxiety (DAS-A): a new instrument to assess the onset of symptomatic improvement in generalized anxiety disorderDouglas E Feltner
Pfizer Global Research and Development, 50 Pequot Avenue, New London, CT 06320, USA
CNS Neurosci Ther 15:12-8. 2009..Rapid onset of symptomatic improvement is a desirable characteristic of new generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) treatments. A validated rating scale is needed to assess GAD symptoms during the first days of treatment...
- Long-term efficacy of pregabalin in generalized anxiety disorderDouglas Feltner
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor, Missouri, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 23:18-28. 2008..2%), headache (10.1 vs. 11.2%), and somnolence (6.0 vs. 0%). No safety concerns were identified with long-term treatment. The study indicates that pregabalin is an effective treatment for the prevention of relapse in patients with GAD...
- Development and evaluation of the Daily Assessment of Symptoms - Anxiety (DAS-A) scale to evaluate onset of symptom relief in patients with generalized anxiety disorderRobert J Morlock
Pfizer Inc, Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Psychiatr Res 42:1024-36. 2008....
- Ca2+ channel alpha2delta ligands: novel modulators of neurotransmissionDavid J Dooley
Department of CNS Pharmacology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Trends Pharmacol Sci 28:75-82. 2007..This modulation is characterized by a reduction of the excessive neurotransmitter release that is observed in certain neurological and psychiatric disorders...
- A 6-week randomized, placebo-controlled trial of CP-316,311 (a selective CRH1 antagonist) in the treatment of major depressionBrendon Binneman
Pfizer Global Research and Development, M S 8260 2604, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:617-20. 2008..This study was designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of CP-316,311, a selective nonpeptide antagonist of corticotropin-releasing hormone type 1 (CRH(1)) receptors, in the treatment of recurrent major depressive disorder...
- How modeling and simulation have enhanced decision making in new drug developmentRaymond Miller
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Pfizer Inc, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn 32:185-97. 2005....
- Pregabalin for treatment of generalized anxiety disorder: a 4-week, multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of pregabalin and alprazolamKarl Rickels
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 3309, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:1022-30. 2005..Pregabalin inhibits release of excess excitatory neurotransmitters, presumably by binding to the alpha2-delta subunit protein of widely distributed voltage-dependent calcium channels in the brain and spinal cord...
- Efficacy of pregabalin in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder: double-blind, placebo-controlled comparison of BID versus TID dosingRobert B Pohl
University Psychiatric Center, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:151-8. 2005..This study demonstrates that pregabalin is an effective treatment of generalized anxiety disorder, with BID dosing showing similar efficacy and comparable tolerability with TID dosing...
- Efficacy of the novel anxiolytic pregabalin in social anxiety disorder: a placebo-controlled, multicenter studyAtul C Pande
Pfizer Global Research and Development, New London, CT 06320, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:141-9. 2004..Somnolence and dizziness were the most frequently occurring adverse events among patients receiving pregabalin 600 mg/d. In conclusion, pregabalin 600 mg/d was an effective and well-tolerated treatment of social anxiety disorder...
- Incorporating the assessment of abuse liability into the drug discovery and development processRobert S Mansbach
Worldwide Regulatory Affairs, Pfizer Global Research and Development, 50 Pequot Avenue, MS6025 B2170, New London, CT 06320, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 70:S73-85. 2003..The emerging properties of the product will define the unique procedures best applied to assess it...
- Pregabalin in generalized anxiety disorder: a placebo-controlled trialAtul C Pande
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor Laboratories, MI, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:533-40. 2003..Current drug therapies for generalized anxiety disorder have limitations. In a controlled trial, the novel agent pregabalin was studied for the treatment of patients with generalized anxiety disorder...