Affiliation: Pfizer Global Research and Development
- Inhibition of CCR5-mediated infection by diverse R5 and R5X4 HIV and SIV isolates using novel small molecule inhibitors of CCR5: effects of viral diversity, target cell and receptor densitySamantha Willey
Center for AIDS Research, Program in Molecular Medicine, Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Biotech II, 373 Plantation St, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Antiviral Res 68:96-108. 2005..The extent of inhibition was dependent on cell type and on cell surface CCR5 concentration. Our results underscore the potential of CCR5 inhibitors for clinical development...
- CCR5 inhibitors in HIV-1 therapyPatrick Dorr
Senior Principal Scientist Pfizer Global R and D, Primary Pharmacology, Sandwich Laboratories, CT13 9NJ, Kent, UK 44 0 1304648034 44 0 1304651817
Expert Opin Drug Discov 3:1345-61. 2008..The status and expert opinion of CCR5 antagonists for the treatment of HIV-1 infection are detailed...
- Maraviroc (UK-427,857), a potent, orally bioavailable, and selective small-molecule inhibitor of chemokine receptor CCR5 with broad-spectrum anti-human immunodeficiency virus type 1 activityPatrick Dorr
Discovery Biology, Pfizer Global Research and Development Sandwich Laboratories, Kent CT13 9NJ, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:4721-32. 2005..Clinical trials are ongoing to further investigate the potential of using maraviroc for the treatment of HIV-1 infection and AIDS...
- Reduced maximal inhibition in phenotypic susceptibility assays indicates that viral strains resistant to the CCR5 antagonist maraviroc utilize inhibitor-bound receptor for entryMike Westby
Globel Research and Development, Pfizer Ltd, Sandwich Labs, Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, Kent CT13 9NJ, United Kingdom
J Virol 81:2359-71. 2007..This hypothesis was further corroborated by the observation that a high concentration of maraviroc blocks the activity of aplaviroc against maraviroc-resistant virus...
- CCR5 pharmacology methodologies and associated applicationsRoy Mansfield
Pfizer GRD Sandwich Laboratories, Sandwich, Kent, United Kingdom
Methods Enzymol 460:17-55. 2009....