Scott L Butler
Affiliation: Pfizer Global Research and Development
- HIV capsid is a tractable target for small molecule therapeutic interventionWade S Blair
Pfizer Global Research and Development, La Jolla Laboratories, San Diego, California, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 6:e1001220. 2010..Our data demonstrate that broad-spectrum antiviral activity can be achieved by targeting this new binding site and reveal HIV CA as a tractable drug target for HIV therapy...
- Disease-modifying therapeutic concepts for HIV in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyScott L Butler
Infectious Diseases Group, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Sandwich, United Kingdom
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 58:297-303. 2011....
- New small-molecule inhibitor class targeting human immunodeficiency virus type 1 virion maturationWade S Blair
Pfizer Global Research and Development, La Jolla Laboratories, San Diego, California 921212, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:5080-7. 2009..g., DSB), demonstrating that molecules of diverse chemical classes can inhibit this mechanism...
- Design and synthesis of novel N-hydroxy-dihydronaphthyridinones as potent and orally bioavailable HIV-1 integrase inhibitorsTED W JOHNSON
Pfizer Global Research and Development, La Jolla Laboratories, 10770 Science Center Drive, San Diego, California 92121, United States
J Med Chem 54:3393-417. 2011..Here we disclose the design and synthesis of novel tricyclic N-hydroxy-dihydronaphthyridinones as potent, orally bioavailable HIV-1 integrase inhibitors displaying excellent ligand and lipophilic efficiencies...
- Identification and characterization of UK-201844, a novel inhibitor that interferes with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 gp160 processingWade S Blair
Pfizer Global Research and Development, La Jolla Laboratories, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:3554-61. 2007..Our results demonstrate that UK-201844 represents the prototype for a unique HIV-1 inhibitor class that directly or indirectly interferes with HIV-1 gp160 processing...
- A low-molecular-weight entry inhibitor of both CCR5- and CXCR4-tropic strains of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 targets a novel site on gp41Edward J Murray
Antiviral Research Unit, IPC 424, Pfizer PGRD, Discovery Biology, Sandwich Laboratories, Sandwich, Kent CT13 9NJ, United Kingdom
J Virol 84:7288-99. 2010..The results highlight PF-68742 as a starting point for novel therapies against HIV-1 and provide new insights into models of Env-mediated fusion...
- Azaindole hydroxamic acids are potent HIV-1 integrase inhibitorsMichael B Plewe
Pfizer Global Research and Development, La Jolla Laboratories, 10770 Science Center Drive, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Med Chem 52:7211-9. 2009..Several 4-fluorobenzyl substituted azaindole hydroxamic acids showed potent antiviral activities in cell-based assays and offered a structurally simple scaffold for the development of novel HIV-1 IN inhibitors...