William J Zinnanti
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- A diet-induced mouse model for glutaric aciduria type IWilliam J Zinnanti
Department of Neurosurgery, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Brain 129:899-910. 2006..Thus, the Gcdh-/- mouse exposed to high protein or lysine may be a useful model of human GA-1 including developmentally dependent striatal vulnerability...
- Mechanism of age-dependent susceptibility and novel treatment strategy in glutaric acidemia type IWilliam J Zinnanti
Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation, Department of Pathology, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Clin Invest 117:3258-70. 2007..Blocking brain lysine uptake reduced glutaric acid levels and brain injury. These findings provide what we believe are new monitoring and treatment strategies that may translate for use in human GA-I...
- Dual mechanism of brain injury and novel treatment strategy in maple syrup urine diseaseWilliam J Zinnanti
Penn State College of Medicine, Box 149, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Brain 132:903-18. 2009..Norleucine should be further tested as a potential treatment to prevent encephalopathy in children with maple syrup urine disease during catabolic stress...
- The influence of diabetes on glutamate metabolism in retinasKavitha Gowda
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurochem 117:309-20. 2011..The data suggest the hypothesis that glutamate levels in retinal Müller cells from diabetic rats are elevated because of the presence of excess BCAAs, and that elevated glutamate in Müller cells causes glutamate excitotoxicity...
- New insights for glutaric aciduria type IWilliam J Zinnanti
Brain 129:e55. 2006