Wen Jie Zhang
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Genetic control of interleukin-4-induced activation of the human signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 signaling pathwayWen Jie Zhang
Department of Surgery, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Hum Immunol 64:402-15. 2003..The Stat6(null) phenotype may result from a defect in Stat6 signaling, which has important implications with respect to the pathogenesis of cancer and Th1/Th2 cytokine imbalance in autoimmune diseases in general...
- Phenotyping of IL4-induced nuclear Stat6 activity in humans: quantitation after gel shift assay using immortalized cell linesWen Jie Zhang
Department of Surgery H137, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Oncol Rep 10:1281-8. 2003..In addition, the defective Stat6null lines discovered here may serve as a natural human model for comprehensive study in the same way as a Stat6 knockout null animal model does...
- Human B lymphoblast cell lines defective of Stat6 signaling produce high levels of proinflammatory cytokines IL-12, TNFalpha and IFNgammaWen Jie Zhang
Department of Surgery, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Int J Oncol 24:447-53. 2004..Moreover, observations from signal transduction studies in our human B lymphocyte model may be compatible with those in the chosen mouse B lymphocyte for establishing signaling networks by the Alliance for Cellular Signaling (AfCS)...
- Stat6(null phenotype) human lymphocytes exhibit increased apoptosisEva Galka
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, The Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Section of Colon and Rectal Surgery, MCH137, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
J Surg Res 122:14-20. 2004....
- Impaired IL-4 phosphorylation of STAT6 in EBV transformed B-cellsLisa S Poritz
Department of Surgery, The Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Surg Res 162:290-8. 2010..This has been termed Stat6(null) and Stat6(high) is the normal phenotype. The purpose of this study was to investigate the defect in Stat6 activation in Stat6(null) cells...
- Clonal analysis of nestin(-) vimentin(+) multipotent fibroblasts isolated from human dermisFu Guo Chen
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Shanghai 9th People s Hospital, Shanghai Stem Cell Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Tissue Engineering, Shanghai 200011, China
J Cell Sci 120:2875-83. 2007....
- IL-4/Stat6 activities correlate with apoptosis and metastasis in colon cancer cellsBen Hui Li
Department of Medical Oncology, Zhongnan Hospital and Cancer Research Center, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei 430071, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 369:554-60. 2008..These findings, together with the observation of constitutive Stat6 activation in many human malignancies, suggest that Stat6 activities could be a biomarker for cancer cell's invasive/metastatic capability...
- IL-4-induced Stat6 activities affect apoptosis and gene expression in breast cancer cellsWen Jie Zhang
Department of Immunology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 13 Hangkong Road, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, China
Cytokine 42:39-47. 2008....
- A hierarchical order of factors in the generation of FLK1- and SCL-expressing hematopoietic and endothelial progenitors from embryonic stem cellsChangwon Park
Department of Pathology and Immunology, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8118, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 131:2749-62. 2004....
- Gene targeting strategies for the isolation of hematopoietic and endothelial precursors from differentiated ES cellsWen Jie Zhang
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Avenue, Box 8118, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Methods Enzymol 365:186-202. 2003
- STAT6 specific shRNA inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis in colon cancer HT-29 cellsMingsheng Zhang
Department of Cancer Radio Chemotherapy, Wuhan University Zhongnan Hospital and Cancer Research Center, 169 Donghu Road, Wuhan, Hubei 430071, China
Cancer Lett 243:38-46. 2006..These findings suggest that Stat6 signaling pathway plays a role in the regulation of cell proliferation and apoptosis in colon cancer cells, which promises further investigation for targeted cancer therapy...
- Chinese medicine Angelica sinensis suppresses radiation-induced expression of TNF-alpha and TGF-beta1 in miceCong Hua Xie
Department of Cancer Radio Chemotherapy, Wuhan University Zhongnan Hospital and Cancer Research Center, Wuhan, Hubei 430071, P R China
Oncol Rep 15:1429-36. 2006..Moreover, effective down-regulation of TNF-alpha and TGF-beta1 in irradiated lung tissue by Angelica Sinensis is, at least in part, indicative of its clinical efficacy in treating radiation-induced pneumonitis...
- Lineage analysis of the hemangioblast as defined by FLK1 and SCL expressionYun Shin Chung
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Development 129:5511-20. 2002..Replating studies demonstrate that hematopoietic progenitors are enriched within FLK1(+)CD4(+) and FLK1(-)CD4(+) cells, while endothelial cells develop from FLK1(+)CD4(+) and FLK1(+)CD4(-) cell populations...