Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Healthcare service use and costs for autism spectrum disorder: a comparison between medicaid and private insuranceLi Wang
Department of Public Health Sciences, College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 43:1057-64. 2013..0001). In multivariate analysis, being enrolled in Medicaid had the largest effect on costs, after controlling for other variables. The findings emphasize the need for continued efforts to improve private insurance coverage of autism...
- Marital status and colon cancer outcomes in US Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results registries: does marriage affect cancer survival by gender and stage?Li Wang
Department of Public Health Sciences, College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA 17033 0855, United States
Cancer Epidemiol 35:417-22. 2011..Marital status has been associated with outcomes in several cancer sites including breast cancer in the literature, but little is known about colon cancer, the fourth most common cancer in the US...
- Increasing hospital costs for Clostridium difficile colitis: type of hospital mattersLi Wang
Department of Public Health Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Surgery 150:727-35. 2011..To assess differences in hospital costs for inpatients with Clostridium difficile (CD) colitis based on hospital size, rural or urban hospital setting, and hospital designation as a teaching institution...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of fluticasone versus montelukast in children with mild-to-moderate persistent asthma in the Pediatric Asthma Controller TrialLi Wang
Department of Public Health Sciences, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 127:161-6, 166.e1. 2011..Cost-effectiveness analyses of asthma controller regimens for adults exist, but similar evaluations exclusively for children are few...
- Node yield and node involvement in young colon cancer patients: is there a difference in cancer survival based on age?Li Wang
Department of Public Health Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 14:1355-61. 2010..The effect on cancer-specific survival (CSS) from the number of resected nodes (node yield) and the number of nodes involved with colon cancer has not been studied with respect to age...
- Outcomes of thyroid cancer in African AmericansChristopher S Hollenbeak
Department of Surgery, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 600 Centerview Drive, MC A210 Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Ethn Dis 21:210-5. 2011..It is less common in the African American (AA) population in the United States. Few studies have looked at outcome disparities for different patient populations, particularly those involving race...
- Racial disparities in age at time of cardiovascular events and cardiovascular-related death in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusLisabeth V Scalzi
Pennsylvania State University Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:2767-75. 2010..To determine whether racial disparities exist with regard to the age at which patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) experience cardiovascular disease (CVD) and CVD-associated death...
- Rectal cancer and teaching hospitals: hospital teaching status affects use of neoadjuvant radiation and survival for rectal cancer patientsDavid B Stewart
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, The Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:1156-63. 2013..For rectal cancer, it is unknown how use of radiation, treatment cost, and survival differ based on hospital teaching designation...
- Health care expenditures for children with autism spectrum disorders in MedicaidLi Wang
Penn State College of Medicine, Public Health Sciences, A210, 600 Centerview Drive, PO Box 855, Hershey, PA 17033 0855, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:1165-71. 2010..To study trends in health care expenditures associated with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) in state Medicaid programs...
- How to cluster gene expression dynamics in response to environmental signalsYaqun Wang
Department of Statistics, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Brief Bioinform 13:162-74. 2012..We provide a set of computational tools that are applicable to modeling and analysis of dynamic gene expression data measured in multiple environments...
- Cost-effectiveness of the National Surgical Quality Improvement ProgramChristopher S Hollenbeak
Department of Surgery, State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Ann Surg 254:619-24. 2011..The purpose of this study was to compare the cost-effectiveness of the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP) at an academic medical center between the first 6 months and through the first and second years of implementation...
- A cost-effectiveness analysis of screening urine dipsticks in well-child careDeepa L Sekhar
Penn State Hershey Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, HS83, 500 University Dr, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Pediatrics 125:660-3. 2010..Because the new recommendation marks a major alteration in the practice guidelines, we sought to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of dipstick urinalysis for detection of CKD from the primary care practitioner's perspective...
- Outcomes of transplantation of single pediatric renal allografts equal to or more than 6 cm in lengthTadahiro Uemura
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA, USA
Transplantation 89:710-3. 2010..However, it is unclear whether small pediatric deceased donor kidneys should be used as single grafts or en bloc. We reviewed our outcomes of single kidney transplants from small pediatric donors into adult recipients...