Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Neurogenic and sympathoexcitatory actions of NaCl in hypertensionSean D Stocker
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 500 University Drive H166, Hershey, PA, 17033, USA
Curr Hypertens Rep 15:538-46. 2013..A further understanding of how the central nervous system detects changes in plasma or cerebrospinal fluid sodium concentration may lead to new therapeutic treatment strategies in salt-sensitive hypertension. ..
- Excess dietary salt intake alters the excitability of central sympathetic networksSean D Stocker
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Penn State University College of Medicine, 500 University Drive H166, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Physiol Behav 100:519-24. 2010..The paper represents an invited review by a symposium, award winner or keynote speaker at the Society for the Study of Ingestive Behavior [SSIB] Annual Meeting in Portland, July 2009...
- Glutamatergic receptor activation in the rostral ventrolateral medulla mediates the sympathoexcitatory response to hyperinsulinemiaMegan E Bardgett
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Penn State Hershey College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Hypertension 55:284-90. 2010..These findings suggest that hyperinsulinemia increases lumbar SNA by activation of a glutamatergic NMDA-dependent projection to the RVLM...
- Sympathetic response to insulin is mediated by melanocortin 3/4 receptors in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleusKathryn R Ward
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Hypertension 57:435-41. 2011..Collectively, these findings indicate that insulin activates a melanocortin-dependent pathway to the PVN that increases glutamatergic drive to the rostral ventrolateral medulla and alters cardiovascular function...
- Central Nervous System Mechanisms of Obesity HypertensionSEAN STOCKER; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Central Nervous System Mechanisms of Obesity HypertensionSean D Stocker; Fiscal Year: 2010....