Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Peer crowd identification and indoor artificial UV tanning behavioral tendenciesJerod Stapleton
Pennsylvania State University, USA
J Health Psychol 13:940-5. 2008..The findings are discussed in terms of implications for future skin cancer intervention efforts...
- A comparison of the efficacy of an appearance-focused skin cancer intervention within indoor tanner subgroups identified by latent profile analysisJerod Stapleton
Department of Biobehavioral Health and the Prevention Research Center, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, 16802, USA
J Behav Med 33:181-90. 2010..The intervention significantly reduced indoor tanning for the low-knowledge subgroup (34% of the sample). The utility of the subgroup approach in developing targeted behavioral skin cancer interventions is discussed...
- Mediating variables in a parent based intervention to reduce skin cancer risk in childrenRob Turrisi
Biobehavioral Health and Prevention Research Center, The Pennsylvania State University, 109 Henderson South Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Behav Med 30:385-93. 2007..The findings are discussed with respect to maximizing the effectiveness of future skin cancer interventions with children...
- Influence of parent and child characteristics on a parent-based intervention to reduce unsafe sun practices in children 9 to 12 years oldRob Turrisi
Prevention Research Center and Biobehavioral Health, The Pennsylvania State University, 109 Henderson South, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Arch Dermatol 142:1009-14. 2006..To identify familial characteristics that may have influenced the effectiveness of a parent-based intervention to reduce unsafe sun practices in children aged 9 to 12 years (fourth through sixth grades)...
- Preventing skin cancer in college females: heterogeneous effects over timeBeau W Abar
Human Development and Family Studies, Pennsylvania State University, USA
Health Psychol 29:574-82. 2010....