Adam J Spanier
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Bisphenol A exposure is associated with decreased lung functionAdam J Spanier
Department of Pediatrics, Penn State University, Hershey, PA Department of Public Health Sciences, Penn State University, Hershey, PA Electronic address
J Pediatr 164:1403-8.e1. 2014..To examine the associations of bisphenol A (BPA) exposure with lung function measures and exhaled nitric oxide (FeNO) in children...
- The contribution of housing renovation to children's blood lead levels: a cohort studyAdam J Spanier
Department of Pediatrics, Penn State University Hershey Medical Center, HS83, 500 University Drive, P, O, Box 850, Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
Environ Health 12:72. 2013..Routine renovation of older housing is a risk factor for childhood lead poisoning, but the contribution to children's blood lead levels is poorly defined for children with lower exposure levels...
- Prenatal exposure to bisphenol A and child wheeze from birth to 3 years of ageAdam J Spanier
Department of Pediatrics, Penn State University Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033 0850, USA
Environ Health Perspect 120:916-20. 2012..Bisphenol A (BPA), an endocrine-disrupting chemical that is routinely detected in > 90% of Americans, promotes experimental asthma in mice. The association of prenatal BPA exposure and wheeze has not been evaluated in humans...
- Comparison of biomarkers and parent report of tobacco exposure to predict wheezeAdam J Spanier
Department of Pediatrics, Penn State University Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA, USA
J Pediatr 159:776-82. 2011..To identify the optimal measure of active and passive prenatal tobacco exposure to predict wheeze in early life...
- Urinary phthalates are associated with higher blood pressure in childhoodLeonardo Trasande
Department of Pediatrics, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Pediatr 163:747-53.e1. 2013..To examine associations of urinary phthalate levels with blood pressure (BP) and serum triglyceride and lipoprotein levels in children...
- Secondhand tobacco exposure is associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in childrenConnie Lin
College of Medicine, Penn State University Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, PO Box 850, Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
Environ Res 132:264-8. 2014..Smoking is associated with NAFLD, but the association of secondhand smoke exposure with NAFLD is unknown...
- Race/ethnicity-specific associations of urinary phthalates with childhood body mass in a nationally representative sampleLeonardo Trasande
Department of Pediatrics, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Environ Health Perspect 121:501-6. 2013..Phthalates have antiandrogenic effects and may disrupt lipid and carbohydrate metabolism. Racial/ethnic subpopulations have been documented to have varying urinary phthalate concentrations and prevalences of childhood obesity...