Genomes and Genes
Jeffrey S Shenberger
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Hyperoxia enhances VEGF release from A549 cells via post-transcriptional processesJeffrey S Shenberger
Department of Pediatrics, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 43:844-52. 2007..Increases in VEGF in ELF may represent an adaptive response fostering cell survival and type II cell proliferation in O(2)-induced lung injury...
- Roles of mitogen-activated protein kinase signal-integrating kinases 1 and 2 in oxidant-mediated eIF4E phosphorylationJeffrey S Shenberger
Department of Pediatrics, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 39:1828-42. 2007....
- Hyperoxia alters the expression and phosphorylation of multiple factors regulating translation initiationJeffrey S Shenberger
Department of Pediatrics, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 288:L442-9. 2005..These findings suggest that hyperoxia diminishes protein synthesis by increasing eIF4E phosphorylation and enhancing the affinity of 4E-BP1 for eIF4E...
- Hydrogen peroxide impairs insulin-stimulated assembly of mTORC1Lianqin Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 46:1500-9. 2009..These findings are consistent with PRAS40 functioning as a negative regulator of insulin-stimulated mTORC1 activity during oxidant stress...
- Hyperoxia-induced alterations in the pulmonary proteome of juvenile ratsWesley M Konsavage
Child Research, Department of Pediatrics, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033 0850, USA
Exp Lung Res 39:107-17. 2013..In addition, hyperoxia selectively enhances the expression of some proteins whose transcripts contain sequence motifs, which impart translational regulation...
- Hyperoxia-induced activation of the integrated stress response in the newborn rat lungWesley M Konsavage
Department of Pediatrics, The Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 302:L27-35. 2012..These findings demonstrate that Ox activates the ISR within the newborn lung and highlight regional and cell-specific alterations in the expression ISR transcription factors that regulate redox balance...
- Hyperglycemia mediates a shift from cap-dependent to cap-independent translation via a 4E-BP1-dependent mechanismMichael D Dennis
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes 62:2204-14. 2013..Taken together, these data provide evidence for a novel mechanism whereby O-GlcNAcylation of 4E-BP1 mediates translational control of hepatic gene expression. ..
- Hyperoxia inhibits protein synthesis and increases eIF2α phosphorylation in the newborn rat lungWesley Konsavage
Departments of Pediatrics, The Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey Pennsylvania
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 298:L678-86. 2010..These findings illustrate that hyperoxia-induced suppression of mRNA translation in the newborn lung is accompanied by increased phosphorylation of eIF2α in the epithelium...
- Cyclic stretch attenuates effects of hyperoxia on cell proliferation and viability in human alveolar epithelial cellsRyan M McAdams
Department of Pediatrics, Wilford Hall United States Air Force Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX 78236, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 291:L166-74. 2006..Our results suggest that cyclic stretch, as applied in this study, can minimize the detrimental effects of hyperoxia on alveolar epithelial A549 cells...
- Oxidant-induced hypertrophy of A549 cells is accompanied by alterations in eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E and 4E-binding protein-1Jeffrey S Shenberger
Department of Pediatrics, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 27:250-6. 2002..These findings suggest that oxidant-mediated alterations in protein synthesis and cell morphology occur in concert with changes in factors known to regulate translation kinetics...