L V Scalzi
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Cardiovascular disease risk awareness in systemic lupus erythematosus patientsLisabeth V Scalzi
Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:1458-64. 2008..The aim of this study was to identify factors associated with patients' recognition of SLE as an independent risk factor for CVD and their perception of their personal CVD risk...
- The relationship between race, cigarette smoking and carotid intimal medial thickness in systemic lupus erythematosusL V Scalzi
Pennsylvania State University Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Mailcode HS83, 500 University Circle, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Lupus 18:1289-97. 2009..This is the first report documenting the race-specific effect of smoking on subclinical measures of CVD in SLE...
- Racial disparities in age at time of cardiovascular events and cardiovascular-related death in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusLisabeth V Scalzi
Pennsylvania State University Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:2767-75. 2010..To determine whether racial disparities exist with regard to the age at which patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) experience cardiovascular disease (CVD) and CVD-associated death...
- Homocysteine levels and disease duration independently correlate with coronary artery calcification in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusJoan M Von Feldt
University of Pennsylvania, 5 Maloney, Suite 504, 3600 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:2220-7. 2006....
- Epidemiology of Subclinical Atherosclerosis in SLELisabeth Scalzi; Fiscal Year: 2006..SLE, an inflammatory and immune-dysregulated disease, may provide an ideal model of CVD. ..