Liza S Rovniak
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Engineering online and in-person social networks to sustain physical activity: application of a conceptual modelLiza S Rovniak
Departments of Medicine and Public Health Sciences, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
BMC Public Health 13:753. 2013....
- Engaging community businesses in human immunodeficiency virus prevention: a feasibility studyLiza S Rovniak
Center for Behavioral Epidemiology and Community Health, Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, San Diego, California, USA
Am J Health Promot 24:347-53. 2010..To explore the feasibility of engaging community businesses in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) prevention...
- Adults' physical activity patterns across life domains: cluster analysis with replicationLiza S Rovniak
Department of Public Health Sciences, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Health Psychol 29:496-505. 2010..Identifying adults' physical activity patterns across multiple life domains could inform the design of interventions and policies...
- Medical center farmers markets: a strategic partner in the patient-centered medical homeDaniel R George
Assistant Professor, Department of Humanities, Penn State College of Medicine, 500 University Dr, Hershey, PA 17033 e mail
Prev Chronic Dis 10:E127. 2013..The number of medical center-based farmers markets has increased in the past decade, but little is known about how such organizations contribute to the preventive health goals of the patient-centered medical home...
- Complete home smoking bans and antitobacco contingencies: a natural experimentMelbourne F Hovell
Centre for Behavioral Epidemiology and Community Health, Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, CA
Nicotine Tob Res 16:186-96. 2014....
- Efficacy of a weight-loss website based on positive deviance. A randomized trialJennifer L Kraschnewski
Department of Medicine, Penn State College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Prev Med 41:610-4. 2011..Incorporating weight-control practices used by individuals with long-term weight-loss success ("positive deviants") may improve the efficacy of web-based weight control interventions...
- Public health potential of farmers' markets on medical center campuses: a case study from Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical CenterDaniel R George
Department of Humanities, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, USA
Am J Public Health 101:2226-32. 2011....
- Fidelity issues in secondhand smoking interventions for childrenMarilyn Johnson-Kozlow
San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 10:1677-90. 2008..Enhancing methodological and theoretical fidelity will speed identification of valid theoretical precepts that will, in turn, guide effective public health prevention programs...
- Dangers and opportunities for social media in medicineDaniel R George
Department of Humanities, Penn State Hershey College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 56:453-62. 2013..Finally, it describes the most promising avenues through which professionals can use social media in medicine-improving patient communication, enhancing professional development, and contributing to public health research and service. ..
- Reducing the gap between the economic costs of tobacco and funds for tobacco training in schools of public healthLiza S Rovniak
Center for Behavioral Epidemiology and Community Health, Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Public Health Rep 121:538-46. 2006....
- Enhancing theoretical fidelity: an e-mail-based walking program demonstrationLiza S Rovniak
Center for Behavioral Epidemiology and Community Health, Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, CA 92123, USA
Am J Health Promot 20:85-95. 2005..To examine the extent to which theoretical fidelity, or precision in replicating theory-based recommendations, influenced the effectiveness of two walking programs based on social cognitive theory (SCT)...