Virginia E Pitzer
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Demographic variability, vaccination, and the spatiotemporal dynamics of rotavirus epidemicsVirginia E Pitzer
Center for Infectious Disease Dynamics, Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA 16801, USA
Science 325:290-4. 2009..Armed with this validated model, we explore the relative importance of direct and indirect protection, a key issue in determining the worldwide benefits of vaccination...
- Exploring the relationship between incidence and the average age of infection during seasonal epidemicsVirginia E Pitzer
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Theor Biol 260:175-85. 2009....
- Modelling seasonal variations in the age and incidence of Kawasaki disease to explore possible infectious aetiologiesVirginia E Pitzer
Department of Epidemiology and Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Biol Sci 279:2736-43. 2012....
- Estimating variability in the transmission of severe acute respiratory syndrome to household contacts in Hong Kong, ChinaVirginia E Pitzer
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, Harvard University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Epidemiol 166:355-63. 2007..This study suggests that the probability of transmission of SARS is dependent upon characteristics of the index patients and does not simply reflect temporal variability in the viral load of SARS cases...
- Little evidence for genetic susceptibility to influenza A (H5N1) from family clustering dataVirginia E Pitzer
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 13:1074-6. 2007..We show that, by chance alone, a high proportion of clusters are expected to be limited to blood relatives when infection is a rare event...