Jennifer S McCall-Hosenfeld
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- The association of interpersonal trauma with somatic symptom severity in a primary care population with chronic pain: exploring the role of gender and the mental health sequelae of traumaJennifer S McCall-Hosenfeld
Departments of Medicine and Public Health Sciences, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, United States Electronic address
J Psychosom Res 77:196-204. 2014..Female trauma survivors develop somatic symptoms more frequently than males. We propose a model for somatic symptom development among trauma survivors, focusing on gender...
- Prospective association of intimate partner violence with receipt of clinical preventive services in women of reproductive ageJennifer S McCall-Hosenfeld
Department of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Womens Health Issues 23:e109-16. 2013..Little prior research has explored how IPV exposure impacts receipt of relevant preventive services. We assess the prospective association of IPV exposure with receiving specific preventive services...
- Multilevel analysis of the determinants of receipt of clinical preventive services among reproductive-age womenJennifer S McCall-Hosenfeld
Department of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Womens Health Issues 22:e243-51. 2012..We investigated the impact of individual- and county-level contextual variables on women's receipt of a comprehensive panel of preventive services in a region that includes both urban and rural communities...
- Receipt of preventive counseling among reproductive-aged women in rural and urban communitiesJennifer S McCall-Hosenfeld
Pennsyvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsyvania, USA
Rural Remote Health 11:1617. 2011..It was hypothesized that demographic differences in rural and urban communities, as well as differential healthcare resources, explain rural-urban healthcare disparities in preventive counseling...
- Prospective association between body mass index and receipt of preventive services: results from the Central Pennsylvania Women's Health Study (CePAWHS)Jennifer L Kraschnewski
Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Prev Med 54:302-5. 2012..We examine whether overweight and obesity are associated with disparities in clinical preventive services receipt in a unique, prospective, population-based cohort of reproductive-age women...
- Primary care physicians' perceptions of barriers to preventive reproductive health care in rural communitiesCynthia H Chuang
Division of General Internal Medicine, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 44:78-83. 2012..Women residing in rural areas are less likely than urban women to receive preventive reproductive health care, but reasons for this disparity remain largely unexplored...
- Barriers to colorectal cancer screening among women in rural central Pennsylvania: primary care physicians' perspectiveLara A Rosenwasser
Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Rural Remote Health 13:2504. 2013....
- Longitudinal association of intimate partner violence and depressive symptomsCynthia H Chuang
Associate Professor of Medicine and Public Health Sciences, Division of General Internal Medicine, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, USA
Ment Health Fam Med 9:107-14. 2012..Greater social support and binge drinking/drug use attenuates this association, suggesting that interventions focusing on coping mechanisms may serve to reduce the impact of IPV on future depression...