Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Cytokine production and cytolytic mechanism of CD4(+) cytotoxic T lymphocytes in ex vivo expanded therapeutic Epstein-Barr virus-specific T-cell culturesQi Sun
Bone Marrow Transplantation Program, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Blood 99:3302-9. 2002..These data suggested that CD4(+) T cells in the therapeutic B-lymphoblastoid cell lines-primed T-cell culture are diverse in producing T(H)1 and T(H)2 cytokines, and may exert specific cytotoxicity via exocytosis of granulysin...
- Interferon-gamma expressing EBV LMP2A-specific T cells for cellular immunotherapyQi Sun
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania State Children s Hospital, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
Cell Immunol 246:81-91. 2007..LMP2A-specific T cells enriched based on IFNgamma-production may provide improved efficacy for the treatment of Epstein-Barr virus related malignancy...
- The detection of CMV pp65 and IE1 in glioblastoma multiformeKenneth G Lucas
Department of Pediatrics, Penn State Hershey Children s Hospital, 500 University Drive, Room C7830, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Neurooncol 103:231-8. 2011..These studies confirm the presence of CMV pp65 or IE1 on approximately half of GBM, with the possibility that CMV positive tumor cells can be recognized by CMV pp65/IE1 specific T cells...
- Epstein Barr virus induced lymphoma in a child with IPEX syndromeKenneth G Lucas
Division of Hematology Oncology, Stem Cell Transplantation Program, Department of Pediatrics, Penn State Children s Hospital, 500 University Drive, C7830, MC H085, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:1056-7. 2008..We report a patient with IPEX syndrome who was managed with rapamycin and subsequently developed EBV induced lymphoma...
- Adoptive immunotherapy with allogeneic Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-specific cytotoxic T-lymphocytes for recurrent, EBV-positive Hodgkin diseaseKenneth G Lucas
Bone Marrow Transplantation Program, Departments of Pediatrics and Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Cancer 100:1892-901. 2004..The role of EBV CTL in other tumors for which this virus has been implicated in pathogenesis, such as EBV-positive Hodgkin disease (HD), has not been demonstrated clearly...
- Matched unrelated umbilical cord blood transplantation for a patient with chemotherapy resistant Wilms tumorKenneth G Lucas
Stem Cell Transplantation Program, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Penn State Children s Hospital, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 55:763-5. 2010..It is possible that high-dose chemotherapy and stem cell transplantation can be curative in patients with tumors that are non-responsive to conventional chemotherapy...
- Immunotherapy with virus-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes after organ transplantationKenneth G Lucas
Penn State Children s Hospital, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Pediatr Transplant 10:142-4. 2006..Current challenges in this field include the determination of which patients are at highest risk, and the development of protocols that permit more rapid expansion of virus specific effector cells...
- Fusion of B lymphoblastoid and tumor cells expressing different antibiotic resistance genes facilitates selection of stable hybridomasKenneth G Lucas
Department of Pediatrics, Penn State Children s Hospital, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Hybridoma (Larchmt) 27:401-5. 2008..The resulting hybridoma cells expressed the neural antigen GD2 as well as MHC Class I, Class II, CD 80, and CD86. A similar strategy could be used to produce stable hybridomas for either vaccination or for CTL expansion...
- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation in a patient with relapsed Ewing sarcomaKenneth G Lucas
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Stem Cell Transplantation Program, Penn State Children s Hospital, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:142-4. 2008..This case highlights the possibility of treating patients with refractory metastatic ES with allogeneic SCT...
- Safety of allogeneic Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes for patients with refractory EBV-related lymphomaQi Sun
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Br J Haematol 118:799-808. 2002..In conclusion, adoptive immunotherapy with allogeneic EBV-specific CTL is safe and may have efficacy in patients with high-risk or refractory EBV-related tumours...
- Complete remission following decitabine/dendritic cell vaccine for relapsed neuroblastomaDeepa Kolaseri Krishnadas
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Stem Cell Transplantation Program, Penn State Children s Hospital, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Pediatrics 131:e336-41. 2013..This patient was noted to have an increase in MAGE-A3-specific T cells. This is the first report combining demethylating chemotherapy to enhance tumor antigen expression followed by a cancer antigen vaccine...
- MAGE-A1, MAGE-A3, and NY-ESO-1 can be upregulated on neuroblastoma cells to facilitate cytotoxic T lymphocyte-mediated tumor cell killingLei Bao
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology, Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplantation, Penn State Hershey Children s Hospital, 500 University Drive, C7830, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 60:1299-307. 2011..These data provide a basis to consider the use of demethylating chemotherapy in neuroblastoma patients, in conjunction with immune therapies that facilitate the expansion of CT antigen-specific CTL...
- Rapid generation of CMV pp65-specific T cells for immunotherapyLei Bao
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, Penn State Children s Hospital, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Immunother 30:557-61. 2007..Using this simplified strategy for expanding CMV pp65 CTL, adoptive immunotherapy with pp65-specific CTL could be made available in a more timely manner for patients who have persistent or therapy refractory CMV infections...
- Expansion of cytomegalovirus pp65 and IE-1 specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes for cytomegalovirus-specific immunotherapy following allogeneic stem cell transplantationLei Bao
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, Penn State Hershey Children s Hospital, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1156-62. 2008....
- Microchimerism detection by human leucocyte antigen-specific quantitative-polymerase chain reaction analysis in recipients of allogeneic Epstein-Barr virus-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytesKenneth G Lucas
Br J Haematol 129:443-4. 2005
- Immunotherapy for Epstein-Barr virus-associated tumorsMelanie A Comito
Division of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation, Penn State Children s Hospital, Hershey 17033, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 45:1981-7. 2004..We will review the pathogenesis of these disorders, current therapies, and future investigations aimed at targeting EBV antigen expression on these tumors...