THOMAS PATRICK LOUGHRAN
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Antigen activation and impaired Fas-induced death-inducing signaling complex formation in T-large-granular lymphocyte leukemiaJun Yang
Penn State Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, Penn State University, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Blood 111:1610-6. 2008..Our results demonstrate that expanded T cells in patients with LGL leukemia display both functional and phenotypic characteristics of prior antigen activation in vivo and display reduced capacity for Fas-mediated DISC formation...
- How I treat LGL leukemiaThierry Lamy
Department of Hematology, Pontchaillou University Hospital, Rennes, France
Blood 117:2764-74. 2011..Deaths infrequently occur because of infections related to severe neutropenia. As there are no curative therapeutic modalities for T-LGL leukemia, new treatment options are needed...
- Bif-1 regulates Atg9 trafficking by mediating the fission of Golgi membranes during autophagyYoshinori Takahashi
Department of Pharmacology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Autophagy 7:61-73. 2011..Taken together, these findings suggest that Bif-1 acts as a critical regulator of Atg9 puncta formation presumably by mediating Golgi fission for autophagosome biogenesis during starvation...
- Targeting of survivin by nanoliposomal ceramide induces complete remission in a rat model of NK-LGL leukemiaXin Liu
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Blood 116:4192-201. 2010..These data suggest that in vivo targeting of survivin through delivery of nanoliposomal C₆-ceramide may be a promising therapeutic approach for a fatal leukemia...
- Platelet-derived growth factor mediates survival of leukemic large granular lymphocytes via an autocrine regulatory pathwayJun Yang
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA, USA
Blood 115:51-60. 2010..These results suggest that targeting of PDGF-BB, a pivotal regulator for the long-term survival of leukemic LGLs, may be an important therapeutic strategy...
- Large granular lymphocyte leukemiaLubomir Sokol
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, University of South Florida and H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida, USA
Oncologist 11:263-73. 2006..Chronic NK-cell leukemia/lymphocytosis is a rare EBV-negative disorder with an indolent clinical course. The malignant origin of this subtype is uncertain because clonality is difficult to determine in LGLs of NK-cell origin...
- Constitutive production of proinflammatory cytokines RANTES, MIP-1beta and IL-18 characterizes LGL leukemiaRavi Kothapalli
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Int J Oncol 26:529-35. 2005..This pattern of cytokine upregulation is similar to that seen in some chronic infections or in autoimmune diseases, thus characterizing LGL leukemia as a proinflammatory disorder...
- Modulation of infection and type 1 cytokine expression parameters by morphine during in vitro coinfection with human T-cell leukemia virus type I and HIV-1Susan B Nyland
Department of Medial Microbiology and Immunology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 32:406-16. 2003....
- Carboxy-terminal truncated STAT5 is induced by interleukin-2 and GM-CSF in human neutrophilsP K Epling-Burnette
Malignant Hematology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cell Immunol 217:1-11. 2002..These findings provide new insights to a mechanism by which PMN, a terminally differentiated cell, may regulate gene transcription by alternative proteolytic processing...
- Blockade of Fas-dependent apoptosis by soluble Fas in LGL leukemiaJin Hong Liu
Hematologic Malignancies and Immunology Programs, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute and the Veterans Administration Hospital, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Blood 100:1449-53. 2002..These results suggest that blockade of Fas-signaling by soluble Fas may be a mechanism leading to apoptosis resistance in leukemic LGLs...
- Targeted Therapeutics of LGL Leukemia utilizing Ceramide NanoliposomesThomas Loughran; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide the foundation for utilizing this therapeutic approach in human subjects with this incurable disease. ..
- Targeted Therapeutics of LGL Leukemia utilizing Ceramide NanoliposomesTHOMAS PATRICK LOUGHRAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide the foundation for utilizing this therapeutic approach in human subjects with this incurable disease. ..
- Survival Mechanisms in Leukemic NK CellsThomas Loughran; Fiscal Year: 2009..Mechanistic investigations as outlined in this proposal will identify novel therapeutic targets for NK-LGL leukemia and also provide insight into survival mechanisms utilized by an activated innate immune system. ..
- Survival Mechanisms in Leukemic NK CellsThomas Loughran; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results of these studies should identify molecular targets in MAPK and STAT signaling pathways important for therapeutic development in hematologic malignancies. ..
- THERAPEUTIC RESPONSE IN LGL LEUKEMIAThomas Loughran; Fiscal Year: 2005..Treatment effects on expression of STAT-regulated genes will be examined using microarray analyses. Results of these studies should identify important molecular targets for drug development in hematologic malignancies. ..
- CLINICAL INVESTIGATIONS IN LGL LEUKEMIAThomas Loughran; Fiscal Year: 2004..The work proposed is important not only for further understanding the pathogenesis of malignancies and autoimmune diseases, but also for providing training for clinical investigators in hematologic malignancies. ..
- Survival Mechanisms in Leukemic NK CellsTHOMAS PATRICK LOUGHRAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mechanistic investigations as outlined in this proposal will identify novel therapeutic targets for NK-LGL leukemia and also provide insight into survival mechanisms utilized by an activated innate immune system. ..