Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Targeting of survivin by nanoliposomal ceramide induces complete remission in a rat model of NK-LGL leukemiaXin Liu
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Blood 116:4192-201. 2010..These data suggest that in vivo targeting of survivin through delivery of nanoliposomal C₆-ceramide may be a promising therapeutic approach for a fatal leukemia...
- The spectrum of large granular lymphocyte leukemia and Felty's syndromeXin Liu
Department of Medicine, Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033 0850, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 18:254-9. 2011..This review paper seeks to discuss the underlying pathogenesis and therapeutic algorithm of RA, neutropenia and splenomegaly in the spectrum of LGL leukemia and Felty's syndrome...
- Platelet-derived growth factor mediates survival of leukemic large granular lymphocytes via an autocrine regulatory pathwayJun Yang
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA, USA
Blood 115:51-60. 2010..These results suggest that targeting of PDGF-BB, a pivotal regulator for the long-term survival of leukemic LGLs, may be an important therapeutic strategy...
- Development and use of ceramide nanoliposomes in cancerRebecca J Watters
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Methods Enzymol 508:89-108. 2012..Pegylated nanoliposomes eliminate this issue and are able to enhance the intracellular delivery of ceramide to cancer cells...
- Therapeutic efficacy of FTY720 in a rat model of NK-cell leukemiaAijun Liao
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Blood 118:2793-800. 2011..These data demonstrate that therapeutic benefit of FTY720 may result from both altered sphingolipid metabolism as well as enhanced degradation of a key component of survival signaling...
- HTLV-2 Tax immortalizes human CD4+ memory T lymphocytes by oncogenic activation and dysregulation of autophagyTong Ren
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 287:34683-93. 2012..The present study demonstrated the oncogenic properties of Tax2 in human T cells and also implicated Tax2 in serving as a molecular tool to generate distinct T cell subtype lines...
- Network model of survival signaling in large granular lymphocyte leukemiaRanran Zhang
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute and Department of Pharmacology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:16308-13. 2008..The model will be useful in identifying potential therapeutic targets for T-LGL leukemia and generating long-term competent CTL necessary for tumor and cancer vaccine development...
- Large granular lymphocyte leukemia: from dysregulated pathways to therapeutic targetsFrancis LeBlanc
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Experimental Therapeutics, Room 4427, 500 University Drive, PO Box 850, Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
Future Oncol 8:787-801. 2012..The lack of a curative therapy for LGL leukemia means that new treatment options are needed. Insight into the various dysregulated signaling pathways in LGL leukemia may provide novel therapeutic treatment modalities...
- Targeting sphingosine-1-phosphate receptors in cancerRebecca J Watters
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, 17033, USA
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 11:810-7. 2011..In particular, pharmacological agents targeting these S1PRs will be discussed and their potential will be examined...
- Discovery of marinopyrrole A (maritoclax) as a selective Mcl-1 antagonist that overcomes ABT-737 resistance by binding to and targeting Mcl-1 for proteasomal degradationKenichiro Doi
Department of Pharmacology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 287:10224-35. 2012..Taken together, these results suggest that maritoclax represents a new class of Mcl-1 inhibitors, which antagonizes Mcl-1 and overcomes ABT-737 resistance by targeting Mcl-1 for degradation...
- Why Do CD8+ T Cells become Indifferent to Tumors: A Dynamic Modeling ApproachColin Campbell
Department of Physics, The Pennsylvania State University University Park, PA, USA
Front Physiol 2:32. 2011..Moreover, the model highlights differences in apoptosis rates that contribute to compromised CD8+ T cell responses and tumor progression, knowledge of which is essential for development of cancer immunotherapy...
- T-cell and natural killer-cell large granular lymphocyte leukemia neoplasiasRebecca J Watters
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 52:2217-25. 2011..In order to establish new therapeutics it is important to understand the current state of LGL leukemia both in the clinic and in basic research...
- Molecular profiling of LGL leukemia reveals role of sphingolipid signaling in survival of cytotoxic lymphocytesMithun Vinod Shah
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Milton S Hershey Medical College, Hershey, PA, USA
Blood 112:770-81. 2008..Collectively, these results show a role for sphingolipid-mediated signaling as a mechanism for long-term survival of CTLs. Therapeutic targeting of this pathway, such as use of FTY720, may have efficacy in LGL leukemia...