Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Identification of disease-associated DNA methylation in B cells from Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis patientsZhenwu Lin
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, The Pennsylvania State University, 500 University Drive, MC H 137, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Dig Dis Sci 57:3145-53. 2012..We previously identified seven disease-associated DNA methylation loci from intestinal tissues of IBD patients using the Illumina GoldenGate BeadArray assay...
- DLG5 P1371Q is associated with inflammatory bowel disease and complementary to R30Q in disease susceptibilityZhenwu Lin
Department of Surgery, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Swiss Med Wkly 141:w13290. 2011..In this study, we examined the genetic association of another DLG5 SNP P1371Q (rs2289310) with IBD and its interaction with R30Q in disease susceptibility...
- Genetic association of nonsynonymous variants of the IL23R with familial and sporadic inflammatory bowel disease in womenZhenwu Lin
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, The Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Dig Dis Sci 55:739-46. 2010....
- OCTN1 variant L503F is associated with familial and sporadic inflammatory bowel diseaseZhenwu Lin
Department of Surgery, The Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Crohns Colitis 4:132-8. 2010..The present study is to replicate the association of OCTN1 rs1050152 and examine another variant rs272879 with familial and sporadic inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in a cohort from central Pennsylvania, USA...
- Both human SP-A1 and Sp-A2 genes are expressed in small and large intestineZ Lin
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033 0850, USA
Pediatr Pathol Mol Med 20:367-86. 2001..We speculate that SP-A in the intestine plays a role in local host defense and inflammation...
- Genetic association of DLG5 R30Q with familial and sporadic inflammatory bowel disease in menZ Lin
Department of Surgery, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, 17033, USA
Dis Markers 27:193-201. 2009..The association of DLG5 R30Q with IBD has been replicated in several populations, but is not statistically significant in others. We studied the incidence of DLG5 alleles in a population of IBD patients from Pennsylvania...
- Surfactant protein gene A, B, and D marker alleles in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease of a Mexican populationX Guo
Dept of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033, USA
Eur Respir J 18:482-90. 2001..These observations should now be confirmed in a larger study, designed according to strict epidemiological criteria...
- Polymorphisms of human SP-A, SP-B, and SP-D genes: association of SP-B Thr131Ile with ARDSZ Lin
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033, USA
Clin Genet 58:181-91. 2000..These data suggest that SP-B or a linked gene contributes to susceptibility to ARDS...
- Identification of disease-associated DNA methylation in intestinal tissues from patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseZ Lin
Department of Surgery, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA17033, USA
Clin Genet 80:59-67. 2011..We have also identified changes in DNA methylation associated with the two major IBD subtypes, CD and UC. This study reports IBD-associated changes in DNA methylation in intestinal tissue, which may be disease subtype-specific...
- Single-clamp technique does not protect against cerebrovascular accident in coronary artery bypass graftingR W Kim
Department of Surgery, Section of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 20:127-32. 2001..We find no compelling evidence for surgeons successfully utilizing one technique to change to the other...
- P2X(7) receptors in the enteric nervous system of guinea-pig small intestineH Z Hu
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210-1218, USA
J Comp Neurol 440:299-310. 2001..The mucosa, submucosal blood vessels, and the circular muscle coat also showed P2X(7) receptor immunoreactivity...
- Gastric pacing is a new surgical treatment for gastroparesisJ Forster
Department of Surgery, Kansas University Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160 7309, USA
Am J Surg 182:676-81. 2001..Gastroparesis is a chronic gastric motility disorder affecting mostly young and middle-aged women who present with nausea, abdominal pain, early satiety, vomiting, fullness, and bloating...
- Characterization and expression of a cDNA encoding a tubuliform silk protein of the golden web spider Nephila antipodianaW Huang
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, 14 Science Drive 4, 117543 Singapore, Singapore
Biochimie 88:849-58. 2006..Its sequence information facilitates elucidation of the evolutionary history of the araneoid fibroin genes...
- Evidence that human cartilage and chondrocytes do not express calcitonin receptorZ Lin
Centre for Orthopaedic Research, School of Surgery and Pathology, University of Western Australia, Western Australia, Australia
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 16:450-7. 2008..In this study, we investigated the existence of CTR in human articular cartilage and chondrocytes, and examined the potential pharmacological effects and transduction pathway of salmon CT (sCT) in human chondrocytes...
- Reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction and western blotting analysis for detection of p63 isoforms in uterine cervical cancersZ Lin
Department of Pathology, Yanbian University College of Medicine, Yanji, People's Republic of China
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1643-7. 2006..beta isoform, possibly of DeltaNp63, may be considered as an important isoform in uterine cervical squamous cell carcinogenesis...
- Molecular cloning and regulation of porcine SULT2A1: relationship between SULT2A1 expression and sulfoconjugation of androstenoneP A Sinclair
Department of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
J Mol Endocrinol 36:301-11. 2006..Together, the results of this study suggest that differences in SULT2A1 expression can influence 5alpha-androstenone accumulation in fat...
- Detection of Hong Kong 97-like H5N1 influenza viruses from eggs of Vietnamese waterfowlY Li
Animal Influenza Laboratory of the Ministry of Agriculture Sciences and National Key Laboratory of Veterinary Biotechnology, Harbin Veterinary Research Institute, CAAS, Harbin, PR China
Arch Virol 151:1615-24. 2006....
- Genomic organization, expression, and alternate splicing of the mouse fatty aldehyde dehydrogenase geneZ Lin
Departments of Pediatrics, Human Genetics and Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, 23298, USA
Mol Genet Metab 71:496-505. 2000..These results provide a basis for investigating the in vivo expression of FALDH in response to physiologic and pharmacologic manipulation, and are essential for the development of an animal model of SLS...
- Characterization of the biologic activities of a recombinant human zona pellucida protein 3 expressed in human ovarian teratocarcinoma (PA-1) cellsK W Dong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 184:835-43; discussion 843-4. 2001..It therefore represents a valuable tool for examination of human fertilization and the design of new strategies in diagnosis of male factor infertility and in contraception...
- Pre- and postsynaptic inhibition by nociceptin in guinea pig small intestinal myenteric plexus in vitroS Liu
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, College of Medicine and Public Health, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 281:G237-46. 2001..The results suggest that nociceptin acts both pre- and postsynaptically by activating an ORL(1) receptor that is distinct from typical naloxone-sensitive opioid receptors...
- Down-regulation of telomerase activity in malignant lymphomas by radiation and chemotherapeutic agentsZ Lin
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Pathol 159:711-9. 2001..We also show that p27/Kip1 may be involved in the G(2)/M growth arrest induced by anti-neoplastic agents...
- [An exploration of animal behavior screen platform for novel gene function in central nervous system]M L Jin
Research Center of Biotechnology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200233
Sheng Li Xue Bao 53:247-51. 2001..Out of the 20 genes tested, 14 genes showed significant behavioral differences from the control groups at the level of P value less than 0.05 or 0.001 in different behavior animal models...
- Immunoreactivity of Hu proteins facilitates identification of myenteric neurones in guinea-pig small intestineZ Lin
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, College of Medicine and Public Health, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Neurogastroenterol Motil 14:197-204. 2002..Anti-Hu immunostaining was judged to be an acceptable method for obtaining reliable estimates of total numbers of myenteric neurones in relation to other specific histochemical properties such as histamine binding...
- Cloning and characterization of leaf cDNAs that are differentially expressed between wheat hybrids and their parentsL M Wu
Department of Plant Genetics and Breeding, China Agricultural University, State Key Laboratory for Agrobiotechnology, 100094 Beijing, China
Mol Genet Genomics 270:281-6. 2003....
- Molecular cloning, expression and functional characterization of the cytochrome P450 2A6 gene in pig liverZ Lin
Department of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Anim Genet 35:314-6. 2004..We identified a single base deletion in CYP2A6, resulting in a frame shift in the coding region that produces a non-functional enzyme, which was associated with high levels of skatole in fat tissue...
- Thrombospondin 3 is a developmentally regulated heparin binding proteinA N Qabar
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48019
J Biol Chem 269:1262-9. 1994..Finally, a combination of in situ hybridization and immunocytochemistry demonstrated TSP3 to be expressed in a temporal and spatial manner during murine embryogenesis, especially in the gut, cartilage, lung, and central nervous system...