KRISTEN HAWTHORNE KJERULFF
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- The cost of being a woman: a national study of health care utilization and expenditures for female-specific conditionsKristen H Kjerulff
Department of Health Evaluation Sciences, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033 0855, USA
Womens Health Issues 17:13-21. 2007..The purpose of this study was to describe health care utilization for female-specific conditions, the incremental expenditures attributable to these conditions, and the overall incremental expenditures across the lifespan...
- Mode of first delivery and women's intentions for subsequent childbearing: findings from the First Baby StudyKristen H Kjerulff
Department of Public Health Sciences, College of Medicine, Penn State University, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 27:62-71. 2013..Little research has addressed either of these hypotheses...
- Urinary incontinence and hysterectomy in a large prospective cohort study in American womenKristen H Kjerulff
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Urol 167:2088-92. 2002..We investigated the effects of hysterectomy with and without concomitant urinary incontinence repair on incontinence severity in one of the largest prospective studies of hysterectomy outcomes performed in the United States...
- Smoking, body mass, and hot flashes in midlife womenMaura K Whiteman
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Obstet Gynecol 101:264-72. 2003..To assess whether lifestyle factors, specifically smoking and body mass index (BMI), are associated with the occurrence of any, moderate to severe, or daily hot flashes...
- Parity and route of delivery: does cesarean delivery reduce bladder symptoms later in life?Victoria L Handa
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:463-9. 2004..This study was undertaken to investigate the impact of reproductive factors on the prevalence of urinary symptoms...
- Quality of life and sexual function after hysterectomy in women with preoperative pain and depressionKatherine E Hartmann
Center for Women s Health Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, 725 Airport Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7590, USA
Obstet Gynecol 104:701-9. 2004..We sought to examine differences in quality of life and sexual function after hysterectomy among women with preoperative pain and depression...
- Fear of cancer among women undergoing hysterectomy for benign conditionsLisa Gallicchio
Department of Epidemiology, The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Psychosom Med 67:420-4. 2005..This study examined fear of developing gynecologic cancer among women undergoing hysterectomy for benign conditions...
- HORMONE REPLACEMENT AND RISK OF UTERINE FIBROID GROWTHKristen Kjerulff; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of this study will be of significant value to a growing body of fibroid patients reaching the menopause and to the clinicians who treat these patients. ..
- Epidemiology of Female Pelvic Floor DisordersKristen Kjerulff; Fiscal Year: 2001..Describe ambulatory operative procedures used as treatment for female pelvic floor disorders in the NSAS, and 3.) Describe office-based visits for female pelvic floor disorders in the NAMCS and the NHAMCS. ..