Kelly Dowhower Karpa
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Pharmacist critique was ill-informedKelly Dowhower Karpa
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, 17033 2360, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1441-4. 2006..The professionalism of pharmacy is also examined in light of the expanded scope of practice in which pharmacists increasingly find themselves practicing...
- Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086 limits the recurrence of Clostridium difficile-Induced colitis following vancomycin withdrawal in miceLeo R Fitzpatrick
Ganeden Biotech Inc, 5800 Landerbrook Drive, Suite 300, Mayfield Heights, OH, 44124, USA
Gut Pathog 4:13. 2012..abstract:..
- How we conduct ongoing programmatic evaluation of our medical education curriculumKelly Karpa
Department of Pharmacology, Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Med Teach 34:783-6. 2012..Our evaluative process has proven effective, sustainable, and has identified additional areas for curricular improvements...
- Creating a virtual pharmacology curriculum in a problem-based learning environment: one medical school's experienceKelly Dowhower Karpa
Department of Pharmacology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, 17033, USA
Acad Med 88:198-205. 2013..The authors suggest that the initiatives they describe for enhancing pharmacology medical education are relevant to other medical schools that are also seeking ways to better integrate pharmacology into PBL-based curricula...
- A retrospective chart review to identify perinatal factors associated with food allergiesKelly Dowhower Karpa
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Nutr J 11:87. 2012..We wished to investigate whether perinatal factors known to disrupt gut flora increase the risk of IgE-mediated food allergies...
- Development and implementation of an herbal and natural product elective in undergraduate medical educationKelly Karpa
Department of Pharmacology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Mailcode R130, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 12:57. 2012....
- Examining utilization of a natural medicine Web-based tool among non-primary care physicians, academic faculty, and nurses at one institutionKelly Dowhower Karpa
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Penn State University, Hershey, PA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 46:513-20. 2012..This knowledge deficit may place consumers at risk of adverse effects. We had previously evaluated the impact of a natural medicine Web-based resource on primary care providers at our institution...
- Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 (BC30) improves indices of Clostridium difficile-Induced colitis in miceLeo R Fitzpatrick
Department of Pharmacology, Penn State College of Medicine, 1214 Research Boulevard, Hummelstown, PA 17036, USA
Gut Pathog 3:16. 2011..abstract:..
- Evaluating the value of a web-based natural medicine clinical decision tool at an academic medical centerSue Boehmer
Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Biostatistics, Penn State University College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 11:279. 2011..This knowledge deficit may place consumers at risk of clinical complications. We wished to evaluate the impact that a natural medicine clinical decision tool has on faculty attitudes, practice experiences, and needs with respect to H/NP...
- N-linked glycosylation is required for plasma membrane localization of D5, but not D1, dopamine receptors in transfected mammalian cellsK D Karpa
Department of Pharmacology, Penn State College of Medicine, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Mol Pharmacol 56:1071-8. 1999..Together, our data indicate a differential requirement for N-linked glycosylation in functional cell surface expression of D1 and D5 dopamine receptors...