Genomes and Genes
Faoud T Ishmael
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Anti-inflammatory effects of methoxyphenolic compounds on human airway cellsKenneth R Houser
Departments of Medicine and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Inflamm (Lond) 9:6. 2012..abstract:..
- The human glucocorticoid receptor as an RNA-binding protein: global analysis of glucocorticoid receptor-associated transcripts and identification of a target RNA motifFaoud T Ishmael
Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, The Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Immunol 186:1189-98. 2011..These results indicate that cytoplasmic GR interacts with a subset of mRNA through specific sequences and can regulate turnover rates, suggesting a novel posttranscriptional role for GR as an RNA-binding protein...
- A challenging diagnosis of alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency: identification of a patient with a novel F/Null phenotypeMichael R Ringenbach
Department of Medicine, Section of Allergy and Immunology, The Pennsylvania State University Milton S, Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Dr, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 7:18. 2011....
- Chemokine transcripts as targets of the RNA-binding protein HuR in human airway epitheliumJinshui Fan
Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Immunol 186:2482-94. 2011..HuR-mediated regulation in airway epithelium appears broader than previously appreciated, coordinating numerous inflammatory genes through multiple posttranscriptional mechanisms...
- Post-transcriptional regulation of meprin α by the RNA-binding proteins Hu antigen R (HuR) and tristetraprolin (TTP)Alanna N Roff
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 288:4733-43. 2013..This is the first report to describe a mechanism for post-transcriptional regulation of meprin α and will help clarify the role of meprins in the inflammatory response and disease...
- Role of the RNA-binding protein tristetraprolin in glucocorticoid-mediated gene regulationFaoud T Ishmael
Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Immunol 180:8342-53. 2008..These results reveal a strong and previously unrecognized contribution of PTR to the anti-inflammatory action of GCs and point at TTP as a key factor mediating this process through a complex mechanism of action...
- Coordinated post-transcriptional regulation of the chemokine system: messages from CCL2Ronaldo P Panganiban
1 Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania
J Interferon Cytokine Res 34:255-66. 2014..Unmasking the molecular mechanisms of chemokine PTR may likely uncover novel therapeutic strategies for the blockade of proinflammatory pathways that are pathogenetic for asthma, COPD, and other lung inflammatory diseases. ..
- Principles and applications of polymerase chain reaction: basic science for the practicing physicianFaoud T Ishmael
Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 101:437-43. 2008..To review the technology of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and its use in diagnostic medicine and biomedical research...
- High-grade fever and pancytopenia in an adult patient with common variable immune deficiencyPuneet Bajaj
1Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Section of Allergy and Immunology, The Pennsylvania State University Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania
Allergy Asthma Proc 35:78-82. 2014..Because allergy and immunology physicians commonly treat CVID patients, they should be aware of this disease condition including pathophysiology, clinical presentation, laboratory workup, and treatment options. ..
- The Myc 3' Wnt responsive element regulates neutrophil recruitment after acute colonic injury in miceWesley M Konsavage
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 500 University Dr H171, Hershey, PA, 17033, USA
Dig Dis Sci 58:2858-67. 2013..In that study, we did not examine involvement of the immune system in colonic regeneration...