Genomes and Genes
Faoud T Ishmael
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Anti-inflammatory effects of methoxyphenolic compounds on human airway cellsKenneth R Houser
Departments of Medicine and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Inflamm (Lond) 9:6. 2012..abstract:..
- The human glucocorticoid receptor as an RNA-binding protein: global analysis of glucocorticoid receptor-associated transcripts and identification of a target RNA motifFaoud T Ishmael
Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, The Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Immunol 186:1189-98. 2011..These results indicate that cytoplasmic GR interacts with a subset of mRNA through specific sequences and can regulate turnover rates, suggesting a novel posttranscriptional role for GR as an RNA-binding protein...
- A challenging diagnosis of alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency: identification of a patient with a novel F/Null phenotypeMichael R Ringenbach
Department of Medicine, Section of Allergy and Immunology, The Pennsylvania State University Milton S, Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Dr, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 7:18. 2011....
- Chemokine transcripts as targets of the RNA-binding protein HuR in human airway epitheliumJinshui Fan
Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Immunol 186:2482-94. 2011..HuR-mediated regulation in airway epithelium appears broader than previously appreciated, coordinating numerous inflammatory genes through multiple posttranscriptional mechanisms...
- Post-transcriptional regulation of meprin α by the RNA-binding proteins Hu antigen R (HuR) and tristetraprolin (TTP)Alanna N Roff
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 288:4733-43. 2013..This is the first report to describe a mechanism for post-transcriptional regulation of meprin α and will help clarify the role of meprins in the inflammatory response and disease...
- Role of the RNA-binding protein tristetraprolin in glucocorticoid-mediated gene regulationFaoud T Ishmael
Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Immunol 180:8342-53. 2008..These results reveal a strong and previously unrecognized contribution of PTR to the anti-inflammatory action of GCs and point at TTP as a key factor mediating this process through a complex mechanism of action...
- Principles and applications of polymerase chain reaction: basic science for the practicing physicianFaoud T Ishmael
Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 101:437-43. 2008..To review the technology of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and its use in diagnostic medicine and biomedical research...