P S Houts
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Using pictographs to enhance recall of spoken medical instructionsP S Houts
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033, USA
Patient Educ Couns 35:83-8. 1998..By viewing illiteracy as a memory problem, the large body of research on learning and memory can be utilized in designing education materials for this group...
- Using pictographs to enhance recall of spoken medical instructions IIP S Houts
Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Patient Educ Couns 43:231-42. 2001..The impact of pictographs on symptom management and patient quality of life remains to be studied...
- The role of pictures in improving health communication: a review of research on attention, comprehension, recall, and adherencePeter S Houts
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Patient Educ Couns 61:173-90. 2006..To assess the effects of pictures on health communications...
- Use of pictures to facilitate nutrition education for low-income African American womenPeter S Houts
Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 38:317-8. 2006
- Evaluation of a nutrition education intervention for women residents of Washington, DC, public housing communitiesSharada Shankar
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 610 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Health Educ Res 22:425-37. 2007..2 and 324.5 fewer calories and 3.08 and 2.97% fewer calories from fat. Results suggest that, for some residents of low-resource communities, small group interventions are popular, effective vehicles for nutrition education...
- The relationship of body size to participation and success in a fruits and vegetables intervention among low-income womenAnn C Klassen
Department of Health, Behavior and Society, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 624 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Community Health 33:78-89. 2008..Given the prevalence of obesity in low resource communities, nutritional interventions should tailor strategies to participant body size and related psychosocial needs...
- Viatical settlements: effects on terminally ill patientsSonia Badreshia
Penn State, College of Medicine, The Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Cancer Pract 10:293-6. 2002..This study was performed to assess the knowledge, attitudes, and experiences with viatical settlements among hospice staff who provide financial counseling to terminally ill patients and their families...