Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Preadolescent drug use resistance skill profiles, substance use, and substance use preventionSuellen Hopfer
The Methodology Center, The Pennsylvania State University, 204 E Calder Way, Suite 400, State College, PA, 16801, USA
J Prim Prev 34:395-404. 2013..Identifying skill profiles that predict recent substance use is theoretically consistent and has important implications for healthy and substance-free development...
- College women's HPV vaccine decision narrativesSuellen Hopfer
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16801, USA
Qual Health Res 21:262-77. 2011..Common to all decision narratives was that relationship status framed college women's perceptions of HPV susceptibility. Theoretical and practical implications for designing HPV vaccine messages aimed at college-aged women are discussed...
- A review of elementary school-based substance use prevention programs: identifying program attributesS Hopfer
Department of Communications Arts and Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Drug Educ 40:11-36. 2010..e., descriptive norms), and improving resistance skills. These results have implications for the appropriateness and value of introducing substance use prevention programs to youth in elementary school...
- Impact of a classroom behavior management intervention on teacher risk ratings for student behaviorWilliam B Hansen
Tanglewood Research, Inc, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Drug Educ 40:81-90. 2010..In contrast, physical and social aggressivity among low-risk students who received the program increased when compared to similar control students...
- Effects of a narrative HPV vaccination intervention aimed at reaching college women: a randomized controlled trialSuellen Hopfer
The Pennsylvania State University, The Methodology Center, 204 E Calder Way, Suite 400, State College, PA 16801, USA
Prev Sci 13:173-82. 2012..Furthermore, the intervention increased HPV vaccination by increasing vaccine self-efficacy and intent. Theoretical and practical implications for designing effective HPV vaccine messages are discussed...