A A Grandey
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Emotion regulation in the workplace: a new way to conceptualize emotional laborA A Grandey
Department of Psychology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802 1304, USA
J Occup Health Psychol 5:95-110. 2000....
- Display rules versus display autonomy: emotion regulation, emotional exhaustion, and task performance in a call center simulationLori Sideman Goldberg
Personnel Decisions International, Inc, USA
J Occup Health Psychol 12:301-18. 2007..Theoretical and practical implications for display rules as part of job requirements are discussed...
- Must "service with a smile" be stressful? The moderating role of personal control for American and French employeesAlicia A Grandey
Department of Psychology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, 16802, USA
J Appl Psychol 90:893-904. 2005..S. employees. Theoretical and research implications for the emotion regulation literature and practical suggestions for minimizing job strain are proposed...
- Verbal abuse from outsiders versus insiders: comparing frequency, impact on emotional exhaustion, and the role of emotional laborAlicia A Grandey
Department of Psychology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
J Occup Health Psychol 12:63-79. 2007..The authors conclude that better integration of customer aggression and insider aggression research is needed...
- Free to be you and me: a climate of authenticity alleviates burnout from emotional laborAlicia Grandey
Department of Psychology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16803, USA
J Occup Health Psychol 17:1-14. 2012..As predicted, managing emotions with patients was unrelated to burnout for workers in a unit with a climate of authenticity...
- Relationship between coping, cognitive dysfunction and depression in multiple sclerosisPeter A Arnett
Penn State University, Psychology Department, University Park, PA 16802 3105, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 16:341-55. 2002..Implications of these data for clinical applications and for our theoretical conceptualization are discussed and limitations of the model explored...
- Customer incivility as a social stressor: the role of race and racial identity for service employeesJulie H Kern
Department of Psychology, The Pennsylvania State University, PA, USA
J Occup Health Psychol 14:46-57. 2009..Proposals for future research on workforce racial diversity are made...