Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Endobronchial valve placement for spontaneous pneumothorax from stage IIIA non-small cell lung cancer facilitates neoadjuvant therapyChristopher R Gilbert
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania Electronic address
Ann Thorac Surg 96:2225-7. 2013..Endobronchial valve placement allowed for the avoidance of pleurodesis, timely discharge, and neoadjuvant chemotherapy, followed by definitive surgical resection. ..
- Utility of flexible bronchoscopy in the evaluation of pulmonary infiltrates in the hematopoietic stem cell transplant population -- a single center fourteen year experienceChristopher R Gilbert
Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania School University School of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Arch Bronconeumol 49:189-95. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the diagnostic ability, complication rate, and clinical impact of flexible bronchoscopy (FB) in evaluating pulmonary infiltrates in a large HSCT population...
- Ergonomics and bronchoscopy: a survey of the American Association of Bronchology and Interventional PulmonologyChristopher R Gilbert
Department of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Bronchoscopy and Interventional Pulmonology, Penn State College of Medicine Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol 20:113-20. 2013..We sought to define the impact of musculoskeletal pain and ergonomics in physicians with an interest in interventional pulmonology...
- "Smoking wet": respiratory failure related to smoking tainted marijuana cigarettesChristopher R Gilbert
Departments of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 40:64-7. 2013..We believe that, in young adults with an unexplained presentation of severe respiratory failure, the possibility of exposure to tainted marijuana cigarettes should be considered...
- Use of mechanical ventilation and renal replacement therapy in critically ill hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsChristopher Gilbert
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Pennsylvania State University School of Medicine, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 19:321-4. 2013..High mortality persists in our HSCT population requiring artificial support despite overall advances in critical care and HSCT practices. Critical care triage and management decisions in this high-risk population remain challenging...
- Comparison of moderate versus deep sedation for endobronchial ultrasound transbronchial needle aspirationLonny B Yarmus
Section of Interventional Pulmonology, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1800 Orleans Street, Suite 7125M, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Ann Am Thorac Soc 10:121-6. 2013..Propofol (2.6-diisopropylphenol), a short-acting hypnotic agent, has been increasingly used to provide deep sedation in the endoscopy community with an acceptable safety profile...
- Novel bronchoscopic strategies for the diagnosis of peripheral lung lesions: Present techniques and future directionsChristopher Gilbert
Sections of Interventional Pulmonology, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Respirology 19:636-44. 2014..In addition, we review novel tools under investigation that may further increase yield and provide additional benefit in obtaining an early diagnosis of lung cancer. ..
- Novel use of the GlideScope for rigid bronchoscopic placement of a Dynamic (Y) StentLonny Yarmus
Interventional Pulmonology, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 94:308-10. 2012....