Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Brief Strategic Family Therapy versus community control: engagement, retention, and an exploration of the moderating role of adolescent symptom severityJ D Coatsworth
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, Pennsylvania State University, 105 White Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Fam Process 40:313-32. 2001....
- Retaining ethnic minority parents in a preventive intervention: the quality of group processJ Douglas Coatsworth
The Pennsylvania State University, 110 South Henderson Building, University Park, PA, 16802, USA
J Prim Prev 27:367-89. 2006..The quality of the participants' behavior during sessions, rather than their absolute levels of participation, predicted their pattern of retention in the program. Future comparisons of facilitator and parent views may prove helpful...
- The effects of autonomy-supportive coaching, need satisfaction, and self-perceptions on initiative and identity in youth swimmersJ Douglas Coatsworth
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Dev Psychol 45:320-8. 2009....
- Familias Unidas: a family-centered ecodevelopmental intervention to reduce risk for problem behavior among Hispanic adolescentsJ Douglas Coatsworth
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 5:113-32. 2002..The available evidence supporting the efficacy of Familias Unidas is summarized, as are future goals and a current, second-generation application of the intervention...
- Patterns of retention in a preventive intervention with ethnic minority familiesJ Douglas Coatsworth
Human Development and Family Studies, The Pennsylvania State University, Pennsylvania, USA
J Prim Prev 27:171-93. 2006..Implications for how retention is examined in preventive interventions and for developing intervention strategies for improving retention rates are discussed...
- Activity-based identity experiences and their relations to problem behavior and psychological well-being in adolescenceLori Ann Palen
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, The Pennsylvania State University, S 113 Henderson Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Adolesc 30:721-37. 2007..Goal-directed behavior also uniquely predicted adolescent-reported delinquency and well-being. Suggestions for future research and potential implications for intervention are discussed...
- Coaching behaviors associated with changes in fear of failure: changes in self-talk and need satisfaction as potential mechanismsDavid E Conroy
Department of Kinesiology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
J Pers 75:383-419. 2007....
- Gender differences in the self-defining activities and identity experiences of adolescents and emerging adultsErin Hiley Sharp
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, The Pennsylvania State University, 110 South Henderson Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Adolesc 30:251-69. 2007..Findings are discussed in the context of the growing literature on adolescent activity involvement and time use, gender, and their relations to identity exploration...
- Familias Unidas: the efficacy of an intervention to promote parental investment in Hispanic immigrant familiesHilda Pantin
Center for Family Studies, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Prev Sci 4:189-201. 2003..The findings suggest that Familias Unidas is efficacious in promoting protection and reducing risk for adolescent problem behaviors in poor immigrant Hispanic families...
- Salient and emerging developmental tasks in the transition to adulthoodGlenn I Roisman
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 61820, USA
Child Dev 75:123-33. 2004....
- Efficacy of brief strategic family therapy in modifying Hispanic adolescent behavior problems and substance useDaniel A Santisteban
Department of Psychiatry, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
J Fam Psychol 17:121-33. 2003..These results extend prior findings on the efficacy of family interventions to a difficult to treat Hispanic adolescent sample...
- Addressing the challenges and opportunities for today's youth: toward an integrative model and its implications for research and interventionSeth J Schwartz
Center for Family Studies, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Prim Prev 28:117-44. 2007....