Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- New insight into the oncogenic mechanism of the retroviral oncoprotein TaxHua Cheng
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Protein Cell 3:581-9. 2012..Understanding Tax-mediated pathogenesis will provide insights into development of new therapeutics in controlling HTLV-1-associated diseases...
- Use of K-Ras as a predictive biomarker for selecting anti-EGF receptor/pathway treatmentYixing Jiang
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Biomark Med 4:535-41. 2010..These observations have provoked an interest in utilizing K-Ras as a predictive biomarker, allowing clinicians to direct the therapy of cancer patients based on their mutational status of the k-ras gene...
- New pharmacological developments in the treatment of hepatocellular cancerNiraj J Gusani
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Drugs 69:2533-40. 2009..Although the survival benefit demonstrated by sorafenib is moderate, molecular targeted therapy has brought new hope in the management of HCC...
- HTLV-2 Tax immortalizes human CD4+ memory T lymphocytes by oncogenic activation and dysregulation of autophagyTong Ren
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 287:34683-93. 2012..The present study demonstrated the oncogenic properties of Tax2 in human T cells and also implicated Tax2 in serving as a molecular tool to generate distinct T cell subtype lines...
- HTLV-1 Tax is a critical lipid raft modulator that hijacks IkappaB kinases to the microdomains for persistent activation of NF-kappaBJiannan Huang
Penn State Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine, Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 284:6208-17. 2009..These findings indicate that Tax1 actively recruits IKK to the lipid raft microdomains for persistent activation of NF-kappaB, thereby contributing to HTLV-1 oncogenesis...
- Anal carcinoma therapy: can we improve on 5-fluorouracil/mitomycin/radiotherapy?Yixing Jiang
Penn State College of Medicine, Penn State Cancer Institute, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 8:135-44. 2010..Further improvement is likely depending on an increased understanding of the molecular biology of anal carcinoma and the addition of relevant biologic agents to chemoradiation to overcome chemoradiation resistance...
- Linking IKKbeta activation to anti-autophagy in viral protein Tax-mediated oncogeHua Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..We plan to investigate the mechanism that Tax mediates persistent activation of NF-(B and anti-autophagy function during development of T cell leukemia. ..