Jaime E Blair
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- The evolutionary position of nematodesJaime E Blair
Astrobiology Research Center and Department of Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
BMC Evol Biol 2:7. 2002..Traditionally, nematodes have occupied a basal position, in part because they lack a true body cavity. However, the leading hypothesis now joins nematodes with arthropods in a molting clade, Ecdysozoa, based on data from several genes...
- Evolutionary sequence analysis of complete eukaryote genomesJaime E Blair
NASA Astrobiology Institute, Department of Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, 208 Mueller Laboratory, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802 5301, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 6:53. 2005..We apply this approach to complete sets of proteins from published eukaryote genomes specifically for phylogeny and time estimation...
- Molecular phylogeny and divergence times of deuterostome animalsJaime E Blair
NASA Astrobiology Institute and Department of Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, USA
Mol Biol Evol 22:2275-84. 2005..We found that most major lineages of deuterostomes arose prior to the Cambrian Explosion of fossils (approximately 520 MYA) and that several lineages had originated before periods of global glaciation in the Precambrian...
- A molecular timescale of eukaryote evolution and the rise of complex multicellular lifeS Blair Hedges
NASA Astrobiology Institute and Department of Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
BMC Evol Biol 4:2. 2004..Here, we used all available protein sequence data and molecular clock methods to place constraints on the increase in complexity through time...
- A multi-locus phylogeny for Phytophthora utilizing markers derived from complete genome sequencesJaime E Blair
Department of Plant Pathology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Fungal Genet Biol 45:266-77. 2008..A more resolved phylogeny of Phytophthora species will allow for better interpretations of the overall evolutionary history of the genus...
- Molecular clocks do not support the Cambrian explosionJaime E Blair
Mol Biol Evol 22:387-90. 2005..With these results aside, molecular clocks continue to support a long period of animal evolution before the Cambrian explosion of fossils...
- CFGP: a web-based, comparative fungal genomics platformJongsun Park
Fungal Bioinformatics Laboratory, Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Center for Fungal Genetic Resource, Seoul National University, San 56 1, Sillim 9 Dong, Seoul 151 921, Korea
Nucleic Acids Res 36:D562-71. 2008..A tool termed Favorite, which supports the management of encapsulated sequence data and provides a personalized data repository to users, is another novel feature in the DUI...
- Functional and phylogenetic analyses of a conserved regulatory program in the phloem of minor veinsBrian G Ayre
Department of Plant Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Plant Physiol 133:1229-39. 2003....
- Phytophthora quercetorum sp. nov., a novel species isolated from eastern and north-central USA oak forest soilsYilmaz Balci
West Virginia University, Division of Plant and Soil Sciences, 1090 South Agricultural Sciences Building, Morgantown, WV, USA
Mycol Res 112:906-16. 2008..Phylogenetic analyses using seven nuclear loci supported P. quercetorum as a novel species within clade 4, closely related to P. arecae, P. palmivora, P. megakarya, and P. quercina...