David P Baker
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- An envisioned bridge: schooling as a neurocognitive developmental institutionDavid P Baker
Department of Education Policy Studies, Penn State University, University Park, PA 16802, United States
Dev Cogn Neurosci 2:S6-17. 2012..We propose that further integration of these literatures will provide a more ecologically valid context in which to investigate the evolving functional architecture of the contemporary brain...
- Facts, attitudes, and health reasoning about HIV and AIDS: explaining the education effect on condom use among adults in sub-Saharan AfricaDavid P Baker
Population Research Institute and Department of Education Policy, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, 16801, USA
AIDS Behav 15:1319-27. 2011..Future research on the causal mechanisms behind the association between education and HIV/AIDS prevention should focus how on schooling enhances the cognitive skills needed for health reasoning...
- Understanding the association between maternal education and use of health services in Ghana: exploring the role of health knowledgeEmily Smith Greenaway
Department of Sociology, Pennsylvania State University, USA
J Biosoc Sci 44:733-47. 2012....
- Non-linear education gradient across the nutrition transition: mothers' overweight and the population education transitionHaram Jeon
1Education Policy Studies, Pennsylvania State University, 300 Rackley, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Public Health Nutr 18:3172-82. 2015..An inverted U-shaped curve is hypothesized to best describe the education-overweight association. It is also hypothesized that as the nutrition transition unfolds within nations the shape of education-overweight curve changes...
- A meta-analysis of education effects on chronic disease: the causal dynamics of the Population Education Transition CurveWilliam C Smith
The Pennsylvania State University, Education Theory and Policy, 300 Rackley Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA Higher School of Economics, Institute of Education, Moscow 101000, Russia Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 127:29-40. 2015....