Affiliation: Pennington Biomedical Research Center
- Peroxynitrite-driven mechanisms in diabetes and insulin resistance - the latest advancesK Stadler
Oxidative Stress and Disease Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, LSU System, 6400 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Curr Med Chem 18:280-90. 2011....
- Albumin-bound fatty acids but not albumin itself alter redox balance in tubular epithelial cells and induce a peroxide-mediated redox-sensitive apoptosisChristine Ruggiero
Oxidative Stress and Disease Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 306:F896-906. 2014..Thus, mitigating circulating fatty acid levels may be an important factor in both preserving redox balance and preventing tubular cell damage in proteinuric diseases. ..
- Oxidative stress in diabetesKrisztian Stadler
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 771:272-87. 2012..This chapter is intended to emphasize the latest knowledge and current evidence on the role of oxidative stress in diabetes as well as to discuss some key questions that are currently under discussion...
- Thiazolidinedione treatment decreases oxidative stress in spontaneously hypertensive heart failure rats through attenuation of inducible nitric oxide synthase-mediated lipid radical formationMaria B Kadiiska
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Chemistry, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Diabetes 61:586-96. 2012..Our results suggest that hepatic iNOS expression may underlie the accumulation of lipid end products and that reducing the accumulation of toxic lipid metabolites contributes to a better redox status in insulin-sensitive tissues...
- High-fat diet induces an initial adaptation of mitochondrial bioenergetics in the kidney despite evident oxidative stress and mitochondrial ROS productionChristine Ruggiero
Oxidative Stress and Disease Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 300:E1047-58. 2011....