Affiliation: Pennington Biomedical Research Center
- Obesity in women: a life cycle of medical riskD Ryan
Pennington Biomedical Research Centre, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 31:S3-7; discussion S31-2. 2007..There is emerging evidence that nutrition during fetal and early life can influence risk for obesity and chronic diseases for both sexes...
- Percent body fat measured by BIA and DEXA in obese, African-American adolescent girlsR L Newton
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University, Baton Rogue, LA 70808, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 29:594-602. 2005..To compare the estimation of body fat between bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) and dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) in overweight, African-American female adolescents...
- Efficacy of an internet-based behavioral weight loss program for overweight adolescent African-American girlsD A Williamson
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
Eat Weight Disord 10:193-203. 2005..This randomized controlled trial tested the efficacy of an internet-based lifestyle behavior modification program for weight management in African-American girls...
- Contributions of total body fat, abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue compartments, and visceral adipose tissue to the metabolic complications of obesityS R Smith
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Metabolism 50:425-35. 2001..375). These data suggest that total body fat is a major contributor to the metabolic sequelae of obesity, with specific fat depots, VAT, and DSAT also making significant contributions...
- Assessment of risk for type 2 diabetes mellitus in a Caribbean population with high diabetes-related morbidityM Austin
Faculty of Medical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies
West Indian Med J 53:387-91. 2004..The glucometer can be used for risk assessment providing that it is associated with a quality assurance programme and that diagnosis is confirmed with laboratory testing...
- Day case surgery and obesityD Ryan
Br J Anaesth 99:449. 2007