- Intimate partner violence and housing instabilityJoanne Pavao
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 32:143-6. 2007....
- Military sexual trauma among homeless veteransJoanne Pavao
National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, 795 Willow Rd PTSD 324, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:S536-41. 2013..Preliminary research suggests that MST may be associated with homelessness among female Veterans, although to date MST has not been examined in a national study of both female and male homeless Veterans...
- Lifetime interpersonal violence and self-reported chlamydia trachomatis diagnosis among California womenJennifer Alvarez
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94025, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18:57-63. 2009..To examine the relationship between cumulative exposure to various types of interpersonal violence throughout the life span and self-reported history of Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) diagnosis in a population-based sample of California women...
- Military-related sexual trauma among Veterans Health Administration patients returning from Afghanistan and IraqRachel Kimerling
National Center for PTSD, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Am J Public Health 100:1409-12. 2010..Sexual trauma is an important postdeployment mental health issue in this population...
- Utilization and intensity of outpatient care related to military sexual trauma for veterans from Afghanistan and IraqJessica A Turchik
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, CA, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 39:220-33. 2012..These results have important treatment implications for both veteran and civilian sexual trauma survivors...
- Veterans Health Administration mental health treatment settings of patients who report military sexual traumaCourtney Valdez
National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California 94025, USA
J Trauma Dissociation 12:232-43. 2011..Tailored conceptualizations of trauma-informed care are proposed for settings that encounter MST patients, even if these settings do not directly focus on the treatment of traumatic stress...
- Unemployment among women: examining the relationship of physical and psychological intimate partner violence and posttraumatic stress disorderRachel Kimerling
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, National Center for PTSD PTSD 334, 795 Willow Road, Menlo Park, Palo Alto, CA 94025, USA
J Interpers Violence 24:450-63. 2009..22, 2.09) and psychological violence (AOR = 1.78; 95% CI = 1.36, 2.32), but not physical violence, were associated with unemployment. Implications for supported employment programs and workplace responses to IPV are discussed...
- Military sexual trauma and patient perceptions of Veteran Health Administration health care qualityRachel Kimerling
National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA
Womens Health Issues 21:S145-51. 2011..We examined the association of military sexual trauma (MST) with patient satisfaction with VHA outpatient care among men and women...
- The relationship between child abuse and adult obesity among california womenJennifer Alvarez
Center for Health Care Evaluation, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:28-33. 2007....
- Epidemiology and consequences of women's revictimizationRachel Kimerling
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Womens Health Issues 17:101-6. 2007..Revictimization is a methodologically distinct concept and is a potent risk factor for adult mental health problems. Prevention should target women exposed to both physical and sexual assault...
- Medical care needs of returning veterans with PTSD: their other burdenSusan M Frayne
Center for Health Care Evaluation, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, 795 Willow Road 152 MPD, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:33-9. 2011....
- Women's childhood and adult adverse experiences, mental health, and binge drinking: the California Women's Health SurveyChristine Timko
Center for Health Care Evaluation, Department of Veterans Affairs VA Health Care System, 795 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy 3:15. 2008..This study examined sociodemographic, physical and mental health, and adult and childhood adverse experiences associated with binge drinking in a representative sample of women in the State of California...