- Men who have sex with men have a 140-fold higher risk for newly diagnosed HIV and syphilis compared with heterosexual men in New York CityPreeti Pathela
Bureau of Sexually Transmitted Disease Control, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York City, NY, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 58:408-16. 2011....
- The contribution of a urine-based jail screening program to citywide male Chlamydia and gonorrhea case rates in New York CityPreeti Pathela
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York, New York, USA
Sex Transm Dis 36:S58-61. 2009..In 2005, screening was expanding to another large group at high risk for STD: males </=35 years old entering 6 adult jails...
- Sexual behaviors and sexual violence: adolescents with opposite-, same-, or both-sex partnersPreeti Pathela
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, 125 Worth St, New York, NY 10013, USA
Pediatrics 126:879-86. 2010..To describe sexual behaviors, sexual violence, and sexual identity among a population-based sample of adolescents according to the sex of their sex partners, considering separately those with partners of both sexes...
- The effect of case rate and coinfection rate on the positive predictive value of a registry data-matching algorithmQiang Xia
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Bureau of HIV AIDS Prevention and Control, Long Island City, NY
Public Health Rep 129:79-84. 2014..We examined the effect of case rate and coinfection rate in the population on the positive predictive value (PPV) of a matching algorithm for HIV/AIDS and sexually transmitted disease (STD) surveillance registry data...
- Discordance between sexual behavior and self-reported sexual identity: a population-based survey of New York City menPreeti Pathela
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, New York 10013, USA
Ann Intern Med 145:416-25. 2006..The former group could play an important role in the spread of sexually transmitted diseases...