M R Emmerling
Affiliation: Parke-Davis Pharmaceutical Research
- Traumatic brain injury elevates the Alzheimer's amyloid peptide A beta 42 in human CSF. A possible role for nerve cell injuryM R Emmerling
Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research Division, Warner Lambert Company, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 903:118-22. 2000..Inflammation and alterations in BBB may play lesser, but nonetheless significant, roles in determining the A beta level in CSF after brain injury...
- The role of complement in Alzheimer's disease pathologyM R Emmerling
Neuroscience Therapeutics, Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research Division, Warner Lambert Company, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1502:158-71. 2000..Pharmacology therapies that may serve to inhibit Abeta-mediated complement activation will also be discussed...
- Phospholipase A2 activation influences the processing and secretion of the amyloid precursor proteinM R Emmerling
Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research, Division of Warner Lambert Co, Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 197:292-7. 1993..These results implicate PLA2 in regulating APP processing and secretion, which may have important implications for understanding the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's Disease...
- Inhibiting the formation of classical C3-convertase on the Alzheimer's beta-amyloid peptideM R Emmerling
Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research Division, Warner Lambert Company, Department of Pharmacology, Neuroscience Therapeutics, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Immunopharmacology 38:101-9. 1997..Our results provide further evidence that aggregated A beta 1-42 alone is sufficient to serve as a nidus for complement activation, and thus may be involved directly in initiating the inflammation seen in AD brains...
- The role of arachidonic acid in the secretion of the amyloid precursor protein (APP)M R Emmerling
Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research, Division of Warner Lambert Co, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48106, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 777:310-5. 1996..Moreover, activation of PLA2 appears to be an obligatory event in increasing the secretion of APP from CHO-ml cells by the various methods of activation that we have tried thus far...