K K Papp
- The effects of an intervention to teach medical students about obstructive sleep apneaK K Papp
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Sleep Med 6:71-3. 2005..To assess the effects of teaching clinically relevant core concepts about obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) to third-year core clerkship students in internal medicine...
- Knowledge and attitudes of primary care physicians toward sleep and sleep disordersKlara K Papp
Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland, and Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, Louis B Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center, OH 44106, USA
Sleep Breath 6:103-9. 2002..To assess primary care physician (PCP) sleep knowledge and attitudes...
- The effects of sleep loss and fatigue on resident-physicians: a multi-institutional, mixed-method studyKlara K Papp
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, and Department of Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland and the Cleveland VA Medical Center, Ohio 44106, USA
Acad Med 79:394-406. 2004..To identify and model the effects of sleep loss and fatigue on resident-physicians' professional lives and personal well-being...
- A program on complementary therapies for long-term care nursing assistantsK K Papp
Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, Louis Stokes Veterans Administration Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, USA
Geriatr Nurs 22:201-7. 2001..Future studies may examine the impact, if any, such courses have on recruitment and retention...
- Medical student competence in eliciting a history for "chronic fatigue"K K Papp
Louis B Stokes Cleveland V A Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Sleep Breath 5:123-9. 2001..We report an observational study of medical students' abilities in taking a complex history for which sleep disorders is one of several possible conditions...
- Graduate medical training, learning, relationships, and sleep lossKlara K Papp
111j w, 10701 East Boulevard, Cleveland, OH 44122, USA
Sleep Med Rev 10:339-45. 2006..The multi-dimensional approach might include not only resident physicians, but also residency program directors and attending physicians at their institutions...
- Evaluation, grading, and use of the RIME vocabulary on internal medicine clerkships: results of a national survey and comparison to other clinical clerkshipsPaul A Hemmer
Department of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Teach Learn Med 20:118-26. 2008..Evaluation methods within and across clerkships are rapidly evolving, including greater emphasis or frameworks for descriptive evaluation and direct observation of competence...
- SNAPPS: a learner-centered model for outpatient educationTerry M Wolpaw
Department of Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 5529, USA
Acad Med 78:893-8. 2003..SNAPPS represents a paradigm shift in ambulatory education that engages the learner and creates a collaborative learning conversation in the context of patient care...
- Competency-based goals for sleep and chronobiology in undergraduate medical educationKingman P Strohl
Case Western Reserve University, USA
Sleep 26:333-6. 2003..Sleep and circadian rhythms are biologic processes operative in health and disease, but as yet there is no articulated curriculum for undergraduate medical education...
- Expectations of and for internal medicine clerkship directors: how are we doing?Steven J Durning
Department of Medicine, Uniformed Services University School of Medicine, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Teach Learn Med 19:65-9. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine how well published expectations are being met for internal medicine (IM) clerkship directors (CDs)...
- Changes in clinical skills education resulting from the introduction of the USMLE step 2 clinical skills (CS) examinationWilliam R Gilliland
Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, USA
Med Teach 30:325-7. 2008..Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) was recently introduced into the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) to ensure that successful candidates for licensure possess the clinical skills to provide safe and effective patient care...
- Clinician educators' experiences with institutional review boards: results of a national surveyLiselotte N Dyrbye
Mayo Clinic Department of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55906, USA
Acad Med 83:590-5. 2008..To explore clinician educators' perceptions and experiences in obtaining institutional review board (IRB) approval to conduct medical education research (MER)...
- Medical school policies regarding struggling medical students during the internal medicine clerkships: results of a national surveySandra L Frellsen
Rush Medical College, and John H Stroger, Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Acad Med 83:876-81. 2008..To characterize policies of medical schools regarding struggling medical students: those at risk of receiving a grade of less than pass because of problems with knowledge, clinical skills, professionalism, or a combination of these items...