Jose Ramiro Cruz
Affiliation: Pan American Health Organization
- Basic components of a national blood systemJose Ramiro Cruz
Pan American Health Organization, Laboratory and Blood Services, Washington, D C 20037, United States of America
Rev Panam Salud Publica 13:79-84. 2003
- Availability, safety, and quality of blood for transfusion in the AmericasJose Ramiro Cruz
Pan American Health Organization, Laboratory and Blood Services, Washington, D C, United States of America
Rev Panam Salud Publica 13:103-10. 2003....
- Safety of blood supply in the Caribbean countries: role of screening blood donors for markers of hepatitis B and C virusesJose R Cruz
Pan American Health Organization, Regional Office of the World Health Organization for the Americas 525 23rd St, NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
J Clin Virol 34:S75-80. 2005..Proper blood donor recruitment and selection, and adequate laboratory screening for infectious markers diminish the risk of transfusion-transmitted infections...
- Reduction of maternal mortality: the need for voluntary blood donorsJ R Cruz
Technology and Health Services Delivery Area, Pan American Health Organization, NW, Washington, DC, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 98:291-3. 2007..To explore the relationship between maternal mortality and availability of blood for transfusion at the country level in Latin American and Caribbean countries...
- Safety of the blood supply in Latin AmericaGabriel A Schmunis
Pan American Health Organization, Regional Office of the World Health Organization for the Americas, 525 23rd St, N W, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 18:12-29. 2005..In addition, countries did not report the number of voluntary donors who were repeat donors, i.e., the healthiest category. In spite of progress made, more improvements are needed...
- [A study of sociocultural factors related to voluntary blood donation in the Americas]Marcela García Gutiérrez
Organizacion Panamericana de la Salud, Laboratorio y Bancos de Sangre, Washington, D C, EE UU
Rev Panam Salud Publica 13:85-90. 2003..To obtain baseline data for countries of the Americas on knowledge, attitudes, and practices related to voluntary blood donation as well as on the current level and quality of services that blood banks provide to donors...
- Preventing transfusion-transmitted HIV infection in Latin America and the Caribbean: issues associated with blood donor interviews and sex between menMonica Alonso
Pan American Health Organization, HIV Unit, Washington, DC, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 51:S67-72. 2009..The interview procedures demand that blood services staff inquire potential blood donors about sexual practices associated to HIV transmission. Assumptions and misconceptions may unnecessary exclude adequate donors...