Ming Tai Seale
Affiliation: Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- Patients with mental health needs are engaged in asking questions, but physicians' responses varyMing Tai-Seale
Department of Health Policy Research, Palo Alto Medical Foundation Research Institute, California, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 32:259-67. 2013..The goal should also be to support physicians in recognizing patients' concerns and providing the most responsive answers, as well as promoting strong relationships to undergird communication among all members of the care team...
- Management of chronic pain among older patients: inside primary care in the USMing Tai-Seale
Palo Alto Medical Foundation Research Institute, CA 94301 2302, USA
Eur J Pain 15:1087.e1-8. 2011..We conclude that despite repeated calls for addressing under-treatment for pain, only a limited amount of time is used to address pain among elderly patients. This phenomenon could contribute to the under-treatment of pain...
- Expressing uncertainty in clinical interactions between physicians and older patients: what matters?Ming Tai-Seale
Health Policy Research, Palo Alto Medical Foundation Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA 94301 2302, USA
Patient Educ Couns 86:322-8. 2012..We examined the propensity to express uncertainty on mental health versus biomedical issues by elderly patients (>65 years) and physicians during primary care visits...
- Time is up: increasing shadow price of time in primary-care office visitsMing Tai-Seale
Palo Alto Medical Foundation Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA
Health Econ 21:457-76. 2012..We consider whether dislodging a target-time mentality from physicians (and patients) might contribute to more productive primary care practice...
- A case study of early experience with implementation of collaborative care in the Veterans Health AdministrationMing Tai-Seale
Palo Alto Medical Foundation Research Institute, Palo Alto, California, 94301, USA
Popul Health Manag 13:331-7. 2010..Ongoing education for PCPs regarding how to conduct a "warm handoff" to colocated providers will need to be an integral part of the implementation of collaborative care...
- Time allocation in primary care office visitsMing Tai-Seale
Department of Health Policy and Management, School of Rural Public Health, 1266 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843 1266, USA
Health Serv Res 42:1871-94. 2007..To use an innovative videotape analysis method to examine how clinic time was spent during elderly patients' visits to primary care physicians. Secondary objectives were to identify the factors that influence time allocations...
- Mental Health Communication in Elderly Primary Care Visits and Economic OutcomesMing Tai Seale; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..