D M Marchiori
Affiliation: Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research
- Chiropractic student attitudes toward radiologyD M Marchiori
Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research, Davenport, Iowa 52803, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 19:583-6. 1996..Diagnostic radiology is an important component of chiropractic education. Because ineffective teaching is costly in time and resources, educators need to continually evaluate both the content and design of their radiology curriculum...
- Research productivity of chiropractic college facultyD M Marchiori
Research Department, Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research and Palmer Clinics, Davenport, IA 52803, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 21:8-13. 1998..A widely used method of assessing faculty research productivity is to count the number of peer-reviewed research publications over a selected time frame...
- Empowerment of chiropractic faculty: a profile in contextDennis M Marchiori
Department of Radiology and Diagnosis, Palmer College of Chiropractic, 1000 Brady Street, Davenport, IA 52803, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 26:17-24. 2003..Assessments of attitudes of faculty in terms of empowerment, a set of cognitions created by the work environment, may inform executive decision making related to development of a productive professional work environment...
- Organizational commitment of a health profession faculty: dimensions, correlates and conditionsDennis M Marchiori
Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, IA, USA
Med Teach 26:353-8. 2004..This study provides an initial assessment of organizational commitment among chiropractic faculty. Tenure in higher education, gender and age were found to be the most important predictors of organizational commitment...
- Social communication skills of chiropractors: implications for professional practiceDennis M Marchiori
Academic Affairs, Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, Iowa 52803, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 31:682-9. 2008..Social communication skills are critical in the health professions. The aim of this study was to measure and identify professional practice predictors of social communication skills of practicing chiropractors...
- A preliminary analysis of preparation strategies and other correlates to performance on a basic science qualifying exam in chiropracticKevin A Cunningham
Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, IA 52803, USA
J Allied Health 35:e59-72. 2006..However, whether such strategies help predict academic performance on the National Board exams has received little attention by researchers in chiropractic education...
- Empowerment and organizational commitment of chiropractic facultyAlan B Henkin
College of Education, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 26:275-81. 2003..Specifically, empowerment and organizational commitment are 2 psychological constructs that may mediate work circumstances and therefore are the focus of this study...