J F Pagel
- Medications and their effects on sleepJ F Pagel
Department of Family Practice, University of Colorado School of Medicine, PO Box 6508, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
Prim Care 32:491-509. 2005..Insomnia and daytime sleepiness are no longer diagnoses; they are complaints needing to be addressed-symptoms of a spectrum of sleep disorders with specific diagnostic criteria and appropriate treatments...
- Drug induced nightmares--an etiology based reviewJ F Pagel
Parkview Neurological Institute, University of Colorado Medical School, 1619 North Greenwood, Pueblo, Colorado 81003, USA
Hum Psychopharmacol 18:59-67. 2003..The objective is to provide a clinical and theoretical framework useful in categorizing the potential and reported drug effects on nightmares...
- Non-dreamersJ F Pagel
Rocky Mountain Sleep, 1619 North Greenwood Suite 206, Pueblo, CO 81003, USA
Sleep Med 4:235-41. 2003..To awaken, during polysomnographically defined sleep including rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, individuals reporting never having experienced a dream, and determine whether they report dreaming...
- Excessive daytime sleepinessJ F Pagel
Rocky Mountain Sleep Disorders Center, Pueblo, Colorado 81003, USA
Am Fam Physician 79:391-6. 2009..The evaluation and management of excessive daytime sleepiness is based on the identification and treatment of underlying conditions (particularly obstructive sleep apnea), and the appropriate use of activating medications...
- The nightmares of sleep apnea: nightmare frequency declines with increasing apnea hypopnea indexJ F Pagel
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Sleep Disorders Center of Southern Colorado, Pueblo, CO, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 6:69-73. 2010..To clarify the association of reported nightmare recall with polysomnographically defined obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in a sleep laboratory population...
- The effects of altitude associated central apnea on the diagnosis and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea: comparative data from three different altitude locations in the mountain westJ F Pagel
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Southern Colorado Residency Program, Pueblo, CO, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 7:610-5A. 2011....
- Obstructive sleep apnea in sleepy pediatric psychiatry clinic patients: polysomnographic and clinical correlatesJ F Pagel
Parkview Neurological Institute, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Pueblo, Colorado, USA
Sleep Breath 8:125-31. 2004..To assess the incidence of polysomnographically defined obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in pediatric psychiatric clinic patients reporting daytime sleepiness on questionnaire, and to identify diagnostic correlates for OSA in this grouping...
- Medication effects on sleepJ F Pagel
Department of Family Practice, University of Colorado Medical School, Rocky Mountain Sleep Disorders Center, Pueblo, Colorado, USA
Dent Clin North Am 45:855-65. 2001..Insomnia is no longer a diagnosis but a complaint to be addressed--a symptom of 1 of 60 potential sleep disorders. Each of these disorders has specific and appropriate treatments...
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in primary care: evidence-based practiceJ F Pagel
Rocky Mountain Sleep Disorders Center, Pueblo, CO 81003, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 20:392-8. 2007....
- Nightmares and disorders of dreamingJ F Pagel
University of Colorado Medical School, Pueblo, USA
Am Fam Physician 61:2037-42, 2044. 2000..Dream disorders may respond to medication, but behavioral treatment approaches have shown excellent results, particularly in patients with post-traumatic stress disorder and recurrent nightmares...