Timothy M Straub
Affiliation: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Genotyping Cryptosporidium parvum with an hsp70 single-nucleotide polymorphism microarrayTimothy M Straub
Analytical Microbiology, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington 99352, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:1817-26. 2002..This method may provide a powerful new tool for water utilities and public health officials for assessing point and nonpoint source contamination of water supplies...
- Towards a unified system for detecting waterborne pathogensTimothy M Straub
Analytical Microbiology Group, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, 902 Battelle Boulevard, P O Box 999 MSIN P7 50, Richland, WA 99352, USA
J Microbiol Methods 53:185-97. 2003....
- Automated methods for multiplexed pathogen detectionTimothy M Straub
Interfacial Chemistry and Engineering Group, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, 902 Battelle Blvd, P O Box 999, Mail stop K4 12 Richland, WA 99352, USA
J Microbiol Methods 62:303-16. 2005..The RNA approach solves the issues of highly multiplexed PCR and provides "live vs. dead" capabilities. However, sensitivity of the method will need to be improved for RNA analysis to replace PCR...
- In vitro cell culture infectivity assay for human norovirusesTimothy M Straub
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Chemical and Biological Sciences Group, Richland, Washington 99352, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 13:396-403. 2007..Our results demonstrate that the highly differentiated 3-D cell culture model can support the natural growth of human noroviruses, whereas previous attempts that used differentiated monolayer cultures failed...
- Human norovirus infection of caco-2 cells grown as a three-dimensional tissue structureTimothy M Straub
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Chemical and Biological Signature Sciences Group, National Security Directorate, Richland, WA 99354, USA
J Water Health 9:225-40. 2011....
- Quantitative oligonucleotide microarray fingerprinting of Salmonella enterica isolatesAlan Willse
Statistics and Quantitative Sciences Group, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99352, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 32:1848-56. 2004..We outline additional steps required to produce such a protocol...
- Preservation of viable Francisella tularensis for forensic analysisNancy B Valentine
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99352, USA
J Microbiol Methods 84:346-8. 2011..In this study, ammonium chloride performed as well or better than phosphate buffered saline with Tween or Butterfields/Tween for preserving Francisella tularensis subsp. novicida...
- Fingerprinting closely related xanthomonas pathovars with random nonamer oligonucleotide microarraysMark T Kingsley
Environmental Characterization and Risk Assessment, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington 99352, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:6361-70. 2002..The universal nature of the nonamer fingerprinting microarray and data analysis methods developed here also forms a basis for method standardization and application to the forensic identification of other closely related bacteria...