Amber V Buhler
Affiliation: Pacific University
- Learning bridge: curricular integration of didactic and experiential educationReza Karimi
Pacific University Oregon School of Pharmacy, Hillsboro, OR, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 74:48. 2010..To assess the impact of a program to integrate introductory pharmacy practice experiences with pharmaceutical science topics by promoting active learning, self-directed learning skills, and critical-thinking skills...
- Neurotensin-produced antinociception in the rostral ventromedial medulla is partially mediated by spinal cord norepinephrineA V Buhler
School of Pharmacy, Pacific University, 222 SE 8th Avenue, Ste 451, Hillsboro, OR 97123, United States
Pain 135:280-90. 2008....
- Peer-level patient presenters decrease pharmacy students' social distance from patients with schizophrenia and clinical depressionAmber V Buhler
School of Pharmacy, Pacific University, Hillsboro, OR, 97123, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 72:106. 2008..To create a doctor of pharmacy curricular experience that will decrease students' social barriers to interaction with and treatment of mentally-ill patients...
- Separate populations of neurons in the rostral ventromedial medulla project to the spinal cord and to the dorsolateral pons in the ratA V Buhler
Department of Pharmacology, Carver College of Medicine, The University of Iowa, Bowen Science BLD 2 351, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Brain Res 1016:12-9. 2004..Thus, separate and morphologically distinct populations of RVM neurons appear to modulate nociception by direct and indirect descending pathways...
- Neurotensin activation of the NTR1 on spinally-projecting serotonergic neurons in the rostral ventromedial medulla is antinociceptiveA V Buhler
Department of Pharmacology, Carver College of Medicine, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Pain 114:285-94. 2005..These results support the conclusion that the NTR1 plays an important role in the central modulation of nociception...
- alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors on GABAergic interneurons evoke dendritic and somatic inhibition of hippocampal neuronsA V Buhler
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80220, USA
J Neurophysiol 87:548-57. 2002..These data suggest activation of these functionally distinct circuits by alpha7 receptors results in significant inhibition of both hippocampal pyramidal neurons as well as interneurons...