Gary M Owens
- Migraine in the managed care environmentGary M Owens
Medical Management and Policy, Independence Blue Cross, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:S68-71. 2005....
- Current trends in pharmacy benefit designs: a threat to disease management in chronic complex diseasesGary Owens
Independence Blue Cross, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dis Manag 10:74-82. 2007..Additional research is needed to clarify the value of newer approaches to therapies or benefit design changes...
- Revolutionizing treatment outcomes in hepatitis C: managed care implications and considerations--the new and evolving standards of careGary M Owens
Am J Manag Care 21:S97-105. 2015..As such, it is imperative that managed care clinicians maintain an informed understanding of the disease burden and current climate of HCV infection in the United States. ..
- Managed care implications in managing rheumatoid arthritisGary M Owens
Am J Manag Care 20:S145-52. 2014..This will allow a better understanding of how costs and issues relating to healthcare utilization affect the treatment of patients with RA and impact individualized therapy, care coordination, and outcomes. ..
- Anticoagulant use for the prevention of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation: findings from a multi-payer analysisKathleen Lang
Boston Health Economics, Inc, Waltham, MA, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 14:329. 2014....
- Improving transitions of care for patients with thromboembolic diseaseGary M Owens
Gary M Owens, MD, PO Box 810, Ocean View, DE 19970 E mail
Am J Manag Care 20:S81-91. 2014....
- Managed care aspects of managing multiple sclerosisGary M Owens
Am J Manag Care 19:s307-12. 2013..Undoubtedly, management of this class will continue to evolve with the launch of newer agents. ..
- Perspectives for managed care organizations on the burden of multiple sclerosis and the cost-benefits of disease-modifying therapiesGary M Owens
Gary Owens Associates, 5 Palmer Drive, Glen Mills, PA 19342 USA
J Manag Care Pharm 19:S41-53. 2013..For patients with more advanced disease, natalizumab appears to have greater efficacy and to be more cost-effective than other agents...
- Real-world challenges of treating osteoporosisGary Owens
Gary Owens Associates, Glen Mills, PA, USA
Am J Manag Care 17:S177-84. 2011..Addressing these barriers and treating patients appropriately can help address the potential health and economic consequences of osteoporosis...
- Gender differences in health care expenditures, resource utilization, and quality of careGary M Owens
Gary Owens Associates, 5 Palmer Dr, Glen Mills, PA 19342, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 14:2-6. 2008..In order to properly manage costs, payers need to understand how different patient populations contribute to spending trends and where suboptimal quality of care is more prevalent, and, therefore, may drive cost trends...
- An integrated approach: bisphosphonate management for the treatment of osteoporosisGary Owens
Am J Manag Care 13:S290-308; quiz S309-12. 2007..This continuing education activity, based on a roundtable of managed care experts, explores new approaches for developing an effective bisphosphonate management policy for the treatment of osteoporosis...