Gary M Owens
- Migraine in the managed care environmentGary M Owens
Medical Management and Policy, Independence Blue Cross, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:S68-71. 2005....
- Current trends in pharmacy benefit designs: a threat to disease management in chronic complex diseasesGary Owens
Independence Blue Cross, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dis Manag 10:74-82. 2007..Additional research is needed to clarify the value of newer approaches to therapies or benefit design changes...
- Perspectives for managed care organizations on the burden of multiple sclerosis and the cost-benefits of disease-modifying therapiesGary M Owens
Gary Owens Associates, 5 Palmer Drive, Glen Mills, PA 19342 USA
J Manag Care Pharm 19:S41-53. 2013..For patients with more advanced disease, natalizumab appears to have greater efficacy and to be more cost-effective than other agents...
- An integrated approach: bisphosphonate management for the treatment of osteoporosisGary Owens
Am J Manag Care 13:S290-308; quiz S309-12. 2007..This continuing education activity, based on a roundtable of managed care experts, explores new approaches for developing an effective bisphosphonate management policy for the treatment of osteoporosis...
- Gender differences in health care expenditures, resource utilization, and quality of careGary M Owens
Gary Owens Associates, 5 Palmer Dr, Glen Mills, PA 19342, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 14:2-6. 2008..In order to properly manage costs, payers need to understand how different patient populations contribute to spending trends and where suboptimal quality of care is more prevalent, and, therefore, may drive cost trends...
- Real-world challenges of treating osteoporosisGary Owens
Gary Owens Associates, Glen Mills, PA, USA
Am J Manag Care 17:S177-84. 2011..Addressing these barriers and treating patients appropriately can help address the potential health and economic consequences of osteoporosis...