THOMAS P O'TOOLE
- Primary care and youth mental health in Ireland: qualitative study in deprived urban areasDorothy Leahy
Graduate Entry Medical School, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
BMC Fam Pract 14:194. 2013....
- Applying the chronic care model to homeless veterans: effect of a population approach to primary care on utilization and clinical outcomesTHOMAS P O'TOOLE
Providence Veterans Affairs Medical Center for Systems, Outcomes, and Quality in Chronic Disease and Rehabilitation, Providence, RI 02908 4799, USA
Am J Public Health 100:2493-9. 2010..We compared a population-tailored approach to primary care for homeless veterans with a usual care approach...
- Benefits of a primary care clinic co-located and integrated in a mental health setting for veterans with serious mental illnessPaul A Pirraglia
Systems Outcomes and Quality in Chronic disease and Rehabilitation, Providence VA Medical Center, 830 Chalkstone Ave, Bldg 32, Providence, RI 02908, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E51. 2012..We tested whether implementation of such a program affected health service use and cardiovascular risk factor control among veterans with serious mental illness who had previously demonstrated limited primary care engagement...
- Aversion to injection limits acceptability of extended-release naltrexone among homeless, alcohol-dependent patientsPeter D Friedmann
Center on System, Outcomes and Quality in Chronic Disease and Rehabilitation, Research Service, Providence Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Subst Abus 34:94-6. 2013..Clinical trials suggest that depot extended-release naltrexone (XR-NTX) is efficacious in reducing alcohol consumption among alcohol-dependent subjects...
- Building care systems to improve access for high-risk and vulnerable veteran populationsTHOMAS P O'TOOLE
Providence VA Medical Center, 830 Chalkstone Avenue, Providence, RI 02918, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:683-8. 2011..The resulting lack of treatment engagement makes these vulnerable patient populations susceptible to poor health outcomes and an over-reliance on emergency department-based care...
- Building high functioning clinical teams through quality improvement initiativesTHOMAS P O'TOOLE
Chief, Primary Care, Providence VA Medical Center, Providence, RI, USA
Qual Prim Care 19:13-22. 2011..Team-based care has consistently been associated with improved clinical outcomes. However, strategies for promoting and sustaining a team-based approach in family medicine practice are more elusive...
- Colocated general medical care and preventable hospital admissions for veterans with serious mental illnessPaul A Pirraglia
Providence Department of VeteransAffairs VA Medical Center, Providence, RI02908 4799, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:554-7. 2011..This study examined whether veterans with serious mental illness in mental health settings with colocated general medical care had fewer hospitalizations for ambulatory care-sensitive conditions than veterans in other settings...